Admissions

<p>Will applying for College of Letters and Sciences give me the best chances of getting in? How hard is it to get into the College of Letters and Sciences compared to other colleges at UW? And would applying for an unpopular major give me a better chance?</p>

<p>I do not think the your major has any effect on your application. You should apply to the college you are interested in. Why would you study something you are not interested in?</p>

<p>On a side not...Go Bears! We suck this year but beating the Pack twice would help a little. I am going to have to adjust to all you Packer fans if I go to Madison!</p>

<p>but are some colleges easier to get into than others at UW? if so, which ones are easier or harder? I'm applying to the College of Letters and Sciences, so is it easier to get into that than what the chart of their website indicates?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Would applying for an unpopular major give me a better chance?

[/quote]

Never a factor for freshman admission. However, you may gain some uniqueness/diversity advantage if you actually have a legit reason/background.</p>

<p>L&S houses vast majority of the applications. Applications to other colleges/schools tend to be self selected and usually more competitive.</p>

<p>You apply to the university as a whole- it does not matter what major or college. Put down a major if it interests you, that will help after admission when you need advising next summer.</p>