Admit by major?

<p>Do the UCs admit by major? If so which ones? I know engineering is impacted at most if not all UCs. Also, what is the perception of undeclared? Do they fight for spots amongst other undeclared or all students regardless of major?</p>

<p>UCSD doesn’t admit by major. They first accept you into the university, and then they see if you make it into an impacted major if you applied for it. Otherwise, you can select any other major you want. I’m not sure how it works for the other UCs.</p>

<p>check the blog from “Ask Ms. Sun”. She posted some information on her blog in the last couple days. good luck!</p>

<p>Here’s the link to Ms. Sun’s blog post: [Ms</a>. Sun’s UC Admissions Blog - UC Application Know-How #2: Picking Your Major](<a href=“Error”>Error)</p>

<p>so for UCSD she wrote:

</p>

<p>so based on some forum post it can be assumed that the cut off this year will be between 7750-7800ish. so if you are above 7800 (assuming thats the highest cut-off will you be accepted… if yes, why do many people say if you have a 8000+ you are good… shouldn’t it be 7800+ (for this scenario?)</p>

<p>PS: i have joined robotics this year, and i know they get awards at the end of the year- i have already submitted my application, but how could i get points for these (UCSD wise? or does it just suck for me :D?)</p>

<p>EDIT: also suppose the major you want is not impacted, does this mean you get your major choice?</p>

<p>Very helpful blog, thank you</p>