Admitted student decision paralysis

Yes — and this is probably not the case for most schools, but at least at some UCs it takes 24 hours or longer to create the single sign on college account/email that you need in order to do things like submit the housing application. My daughter did all of that with plenty of time left last week, and UCSD’s housing request isn’t due until May 8, but I know for example that UC Irvine’s housing form is due 5/2 and they put it out there to expect it will take 24 hours for the account to get created, so if you are waiting until 5/1, that’s taking a chance that you miss the deadline to guarantee yourself 2 years of housing!

2 Likes

Yikes!

1 Like

Exactly

1 Like

My son is a freshman MechE at Case, and so far it has been a great fit.

1 Like

The paralysis ended here today. After two weeks of silence, she emerged from the cave and announced it would be the University of Vermont. The deadline definitely helped to bring clarity. Roll Cats.

19 Likes

Berkeley is also 5/02

1 Like

He did it, and his SIR is in! Very much a “collapsing over the finish line,” kind of moment – up until the very end, he had another, much different school still in heavy consideration.

He committed to UC San Diego, and will be a Triton in the fall.

15 Likes

Congratulations! My D23 is headed there too. Go Tritons!

2 Likes

Last night, S23 said he was now firm on his choice of Baylor. He set up the school email and filled out the Housing Application. He seems calm about it, which is good. I think he just needed the last few weeks to process and sit with the idea before committing to its finality.

We did have a computer problem during the Housing Application last night (which was due today for priority in Honors Housing and picking a room.) We had to reboot three times, but it went through in the end!

Good luck to everyone putting in decisions today!

12 Likes

We are still waiting!!! I guess the problem is he likes all three he has narrowed it down to. UPenn, Bowdoin or Washington and Lee. He will have to decide tonight!

3 Likes

We have a decision but it was really rough getting here - Northeastern (first semester in Florence) :slight_smile:

9 Likes