Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

There was a question on the housing application asking if they were interested in the corps.

1 Like

When are you able to sign up for the NSC? We have paid the housing deposit and waiting on the engineering review…but didn’t know when admitted students can start signing up for this?

@mere33 no clue, but there’s no rush. Signing up for NSC is what A&M considers ‘accepting’. My auto admit didn’t sign up for NSC until February.

1 Like

In the past, once one sees in AIS “Congratulations, you have been admitted…”, right below that are next steps, including signing up for NSC. In the past its all on the same page. If its not there, maybe NSC signup hasnt started yet.

2 Likes

Students in engineering review can’t sign up for NSC until the engineering review decision is complete. I believe some NSC sessions are limited in terms of which colleges are involved, and they need to know if your kid will be going into the College of Engineering, Business, Sciences, etc. before you can sign up for an NSC. Auto-admits who are admitted into a specific college already can sign up, but people in engineering review will need to wait a couple weeks.

3 Likes

@DTxAggie you are absolutely correct! NSC sessions are major specific, meaning only certain sessions offer Mays, BIMS, Engineering, etc. Only 1 (maybe 2?) offer Blinn TEAM. You can’t just select the date that works best, student must find their major session dates first, then go from there.

Personally, I would AVOID the 1st NSC at all cost. It’s super crowded, many times high school graduation hasn’t even happened, and that session is guaranteed to have glitches in system and just chaotic.

Paying Housing deposit is for sure the most important thing to do right now.

Great news for TAMU today!

3 Likes

Here for my son that is a HS Senior, but my daughter is Junior Mechanical Engineering at TAMU. Highly recommend the RISE on location, it’s right across the street from Zachary. It is very expensive though and you have to sign a 12 month lease, so keep in mind you will be paying rent in the summer when your student is not there. Location can’t be beat. Also, all of those apartments near campus will be signing leases in Oct for next academic year, so if you want to do off campus, now is the time to look.

Maybe engineering review decisions have started to roll out? Can’t remember now if that page said Engineering Review last week or not?

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what it should say when you get through engineering review. You’re admitted to the general engineering program. Wow, that’s fast!

Just checked and mine got in, too. VERY glad they’re moving so fast. :slight_smile: :grinning:

4 Likes

Wohoo! Congratulations!!

Same to you!

Congrats!

Well done!

Will OOS Engineering Applicant with these stats go through Engineering Review NOW with Texas Residents or is it just a waiting game and checking AIS Portal Constantly? Just a future Aggie Dad muddling my way through.

FLORIDA
TOP 10%, Number 1 out of 424
1550 SAT
5.55 GPA
ALL Math and Science AP’s Complete

I don’t believe they separate in-state and out-of-state during engineering review.

1 Like

Thanks DTxAggie

1 Like

Someone just posted on the main 2028 thread that they got 7 tabs this morning for a holistic review admit. Admissions is definitely ahead of where they were last year.

2 Likes

Officially official! Whoop!

5 Likes