Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Your child will have zero trouble getting into engineering. Y’all should hear sooner than later.

1 Like

Holistic review, just got admission to Mays!! So thankful!

3 Likes

Those are great stats. I’m sure it’ll come soon with those numbers.

I forgot to post the other day. Homeschool son admitted to Engineering from review. Son is looking forward to A&M. I don’t think it has hit me yet that my administrative college stuff is done. He will be our third Aggie!

4 Likes

So happy to hear that @AETX !!

2 Likes

How long does it take to get into the directory? I asked to join a Facebook group and they said wait until she shows up in the TAMU directory.

1 Like

Should already been. If not, 1-2 days. Can also ask a question in AIS.

OOS, admitted to engineering early this week. He is NMSF now, so I assume he will get the non resident tuition waiver plus the scholarship when and if he becomes finalist; so is there any advantage in applying for Brown scholarship? It is not entirely clear…

There is no need to apply for Brown, for NMSF the application material will be automatically forwarded to the committee for review if all received by October 10th.

2 Likes

Well if my son gets admitted at least he is now a NMCS with In-State Tuition :+1:

1 Like

@jimdlt1 NM Commended or Semi/Finalist?
Commended isn’t automatically awarded anything.

Yes, my friend’s daughter went on the Brown trip to London this summer and had a blast!

National Merit Commended and National Merit Hispanic Recognition Scholars are both In State Tuition Waivers

Residency Scholarship Title Annual Amount Years Total Amount
Out of State National Recognition - OOS $4,000 + Out of State Tuition Waiver 4 $16,000 + $108,000
1 Like

Which my son is both.

That’s amazing!

Congratulations! My son is both also. I did read on last year’s thread that the National Recognition Scholarship is no longer automatic, but competitive. :pensive: Good luck to your son! I’m rooting for us both! :four_leaf_clover::crossed_fingers::pray:

@jimdlt1 my Aggie just graduated, she was NM Commended, only NM S/F guarantees $. Commended doesn’t automatically get $. And starting last year, Recognition is no longer automatic.

1 Like

Did she get any good scholarships with her NM commended? We missed SF by 1 point!

@AETX she was awarded PES (President’s Endowed), which is automatic for NM S/F, but only if spots are available for limited Commended. Commended have a chance-based on heavy leadership/awards/community involvement/academics ( but all based on how many NM S/F decided to attend A&M, and how many spots-if any- are left).
I bet there are easily hundreds-if not thousands-of Commended in every incoming freshman class.
Bummer about missing S/F by 1 point :weary:

1 Like

Congratulations! When did you apply?