Admitted Texas A&M University, Class of 2028

Son received official A&M package today, was admitted thru AIS on 9/14. He applied for May’s business honors, was wondering when we may hear back on the decision. Did anyone hear back from Business honors yet?

@ctang87789105 BH won’t start sending out acceptance packets until November.
Just know it is EXTREMELY competitive; over 3,000 applied for 85ish spots for this current freshman class.

1 Like

Got through to Housing with a good login but “Applications” is a blank page. UGGGH

Same here too…I emailed to see about it but thinking still may need more time to sync up everything.

2 Likes

Housing Phase I COMPLETE :+1:

1 Like

Hosting Phase 1 complete. Question - we see the letter and admitted notification on AIS but Howdy still shows ‘Under Review’ in Application status?

Housing

It’ll filter over. Took a couple days to update for us. The overview tab in the My Dashboard of the Howdy portal took even longer.

1 Like

How competitive is Engineering Honors?

IDK My son is just going Mech Engineering, hoping to minor in Biz (without the extra rigor of honors) and then go MBA. Check the Engineering board.

What is the Engineering board?

@Raider97 EVERYTHING at A&M is competitive. This is definitely the mindset/theme. Dorm selection, Parking, Sports Pass, registering for classes/Fish Camp & Impact, football ticket pull, getting into clubs & orgs, ETAM, everything academic…it is ALL competitive!
Never hurts to apply tho. And ALWAYS apply/sign up for something the day it opens up, never wait.
(Except for Parking, which is a true lottery pull).

1 Like

I just tagged you in Engineering

1 Like

I know…. I was just wondering what stats were commonplace for acceptance to it…. How many slots there are… Son is still working on finishing up the four questions for the application.

@Raider97 can’t answer specifically for Eng Honors (I know about Business Honors).

I bet @FriscoDad can shed info on Engineering Honors-how many apply/how many accepted, what they’re looking for, etc.

Most auto-admit students or students close to top 10% get admitted to Engineering Honor.
About 16.5% of engineering freshmen joined Engineering Honor.

Keeping the Engineering Honor status (GPA 3.5) can be tough starting Junior year. It is not so easy for AERO, MEEN, CHEN and BMEN. About 37% honors keep the status through graduation.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! This helps so much! Son is working through the honors application currently. He is top 2%. I just wanted to make sure I was realistic about his chances. :pray::crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Definitely check out the ECOS, a dorm specifically for Eng HNR students. Tho there will be Engineering majors in EVERY dorm on campus, if this is something your son would be interested in, look into it. You don’t have to go thru dorm selection either!
Biggest perk to any HNR program is early class registration!

2 Likes

The ECOS dorm is a great advantage BUT no single rooms and the Engineering Honors program does not lend itself well to adding a “useful” Minor. My son specifically is choosing to not compete in the Engineering Honors program because he wants to minor in Business and go on to an MBA after Mech Engineering BS, and he doesn’t like the dorm. He actually wants to be around a mix of kids and not engineering all the time 24/7. Comes down to whatever works for you.

2 Likes

@jimdlt1 agree! My Mays girl lived in Hullabaloo. For many reasons, she wouldn’t even apply to University Honors (UH), mainly because they required living in Lechner/McFadden. If she had gone Engineering route, she wouldn’t have lived in the Engineering Village, because who wants to eat/sleep/breathe with the same people 24/7?? But you’d be surprised! It does meet a need for many.
(Not a fan of Commons dorms, either).

It’s odd to me, that students feel like they can only live with others in their major. But you’ll see that a lot…especially with Engineering.
Every dorm will have every major represented…and that’s a good thing!

*Heads up on Business minor-they’re all online classes, and they aren’t the same classes Mays students take. In fact, I believe all classes for minors at A&M are online. The online classes catch many off guard.
Business and Sports Management minors are very popular!

1 Like