Advertising policy

College Confidential is part of affiliate relationships with other companies. That means some advertisers on the site pay us referral fees when visitors use a link on our site to buy a product or register for a service.

This method of advertising gives us more control over what products and services show up in ads. That means we can show ads that are more relevant to the topics on the site. It also helps reduce our reliance on other types of advertising.

While we are selective about the companies we work with, this does not mean College Confidential endorses their products and services. That said, we greatly appreciate when people use our links to buy products or services if they are already considering them since it supports the operational costs of the site.

These are the companies that we currently have an affiliate relationship with:

Please contact us for partnership opportunities.

not sure where to mention this, but today, april 19, i feel bombarded with ads on my desktop. I have the normal side ad, but now one on the bottom that’s making scrolling down hard to read, a video in the thread column, a pop up banner on the top, and random videos on the side. there’s motion hindrances everywhere to my reading, and a few I can’t X out of.

is this a glitch from today’s new settings? Will it calm down? I’m frustrated reading, I’m hoping this is not the new norm.

We are talking about this in the new log in thread. Mike said it’s being addressed. So irritating!