Advice for Molecular Biology

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I'm a Molecular Biology major and next fall I will be starting the advanced courses that follow intro biochemistry. For the Molecular Biology requirement, I am struggling to figure out what course to take because I don't really know much about any of them.. </p>

<p>Agronomy/Horticulture 339: Plant Biotechnology, Principles and Techniques I
Agronomy/Horticulture 340: Plant Biotechnology, Principles and Techniques II
Biochem /Genetics/ Microbiology 612: Prokaryotic Molecular Genetics*
Biochem/Pharmacy 620: Eukaryotic Molecular Biology*
Biochem/Genetics 703: Topics in Eukaryotic Regulation* (2 credits)
Biochem 711: Sequence Analysis * (2 credits)
Genetics 545: Genetics Laboratory (2 credits)
Horticulture/Path-Bio 500: Molecular Biology Techniques
Horticulture 550: Molecular Approaches for Crop Improvement*
Molecular Biology 699: Directed Studies
Molecular Biology 691 and 692: Senior Thesis
Molecular Biology 681 and 682: Senior Honors Thesis*</p>

<p>Has anyone taken a course within this requirement and have any feedback about the difficulty/professors/content? I am actually new to the University so I don't know anyone in my major. Both positive and negative feedback would be very helpful! :)</p>

<p>*Also, does I am interested in taking the Genetics 375 seminar, HIV/AIDS prevention- has anyone taken this course that could tell me anything about it? My course loads have been pretty heavy thus far so I would like to take a lighter 2 credit science elective/seminar.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Also, in terms of any of the general advanced science options for the major, if anyone has any recommendations that would also be helpful!</p>

<p>500 and 600 level classes are typically for juniors/seniors. I’d focus on 300 levels if you are just a soph.</p>

<p>I will be a junior/senior in the fall according to standing- I actually transferred here. (Great decision and great year to transfer!)</p>