Advice for visiting Wisconsin

<p>Hi, I am going to visit UW in early January. I am just wondering what should I go check out once I am there? Please let me know.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>School is out until Jan 23 and it’s the one time of year many/most people leave over the long winter break. Town is pretty dead and so is campus. Good time for Mexico or any place sunny/warm.</p>

<p>Not much happening during the winter break. Be sure to check the visiting campus section of the UW site to find out what is open and what hours during this time. You may find most buildings have restricted access for those with keys and with reasons to work. Most dorms shut down. Classroom buildings, libraries, Unions et al may have shortened hours.</p>

<p>It’ll probably be like a ghost town with the majority of students gone and, depending on how early in January we’re talking, a lot of people will be at the Rose Bowl. That said you should obviously do a campus tour and see places like Memorial Union and State St. If you are into sports you can see if there is a hockey/basketball game going on to get a feel for the school spirit.</p>