Advice needed: Montgomery, AL summer sublet

<p>Is anyone familiar with the Montgomery area? Son has accepted an engineering internship there and is currently looking for summer housing, a short-term rental or perhaps a sublet. Being from OOS, he would appreciate any advice on where would be the safe areas to live and the areas to avoid. Summer subleases on Craigslist Montgomery seem sparse so he would also be thankful for any advice on where else to look.</p>

<p>Have your son mention his internship to the Honors College as well as the engineering department. They may be able to provide some assistance.</p>

<p>If he ends up not finding a short-term rental, he might look into some of those long-term hotels that give weekly or extended-stay rates.<br>
<a href=“weekly hotels in montgomery al - Google Search”>weekly hotels in montgomery al - Google Search;

<p>Try VRBO and HomeAway as well.</p>

<p>Also, Auburn has a Montgomery campus. Don’t know if it has dorms, but if so, they might be an option.</p>

<p>How exciting! Please share what his major is, what year in school he is, and whether he found this internship on his own or with UA assistance, etc.</p>

<p>Congratulations, sophocles! Great news on the internship! </p>

<p>Another site someone had recommended to me was airbnb, when we thought son would be going to a far away city this summer.</p>

<p>Also google corporate housing.</p>

<p>Another suggestion I got was to call apartment complexes and see if they had furnished apartments available.</p>

<p>I wish I knew someone in Montgomery and could help, but I do know we drove through Montgomery to visit Auburn a few years ago and you might call Auburn to see if they have any advice.</p>

<p>Congratulations again and hope he has a rewarding experience this summer!</p>

<p>Thanks for the helpful tips, momreads, mom2, and Montegut! I will pass the info. along to my son. </p>

<p>Aeromom, son is a rising senior, majoring in Mechanical Eng’g. His internship came from last fall’s UA career fair.</p>