Advice?

<p>I was wondering, should I apply ED or RD to Purdue, like my other top choice with Purdue is Cornell. I have a 3.5 GPA and 1900 SAT and I'm not sure if I can get accepted to Cornell with this stats to the Hotel School. The Hotel School btw looks at your Interview more than your stats. Like if I get rejected to Cornell(ED), and apply to Purdue(RD), i would be basically screwed. I was wondering what your opinions are in where to apply RD or ED.</p>

<p>I feel stupid asking this, but what's ED and RD?</p>

<p>Purdue is rolling admission: you can apply as early as the first week in Sept. and have your decision within 3 weeks at that point. So, if you get yourself in gear to apply early to Purdue, you'd have that in-hand before other applications are even due (although if accepted ED to Cornell you'd have to immediately turn down your Purdue admission). Purdue's rolling admission is not binding in any way, and you don't have to indicate acceptance until May 1.</p>

<p>anneliesesparky, ED is Early Decision, which some schools offer, where you apply to them only, usually by Nov., and are obligated to go there if you're accepted. RD is regular decision, which usually has submission deadlines around the end of Dec. or Jan.</p>

<p>Ohh, okay, I see. Thanks. =)</p>

<p>purdue is money with their rolling admissions. They started accepting applications i think around 9/15 this year and get back to you really quickly. it was a great feelin already knowing your into a university before thanksgiving. </p>

<p>i applied to purdue at around the same time i applied to my ED school, as they say its better to apply in the fall than in march.</p>

<p>thanks guys.</p>