Advisor?

<p>S just finished Bama Bound. How do we find out who his advisor is? The signature on the course scheduling sheet is illegible.</p>

<p>When you went to the engineering session they gave you a folder with “propaganda” on the left and useful info such as courses you will take on the right. Towards the back on the right there is a directory and also a piece of paper that has the 4 eng. adviser names. It also says people with names a-f have so and so. g-p have so and so… And so on. So you wanna find that paper! And if you cant find it give me your first two letters of your last name and i’ll find it for you</p>

<p>Ok. So maybe we have it somewhere ----- but he isn’t Engineering. He is Biology on a pre-med track.</p>

<p>Ask this guy…</p>

<p>For more information about undergraduate degrees and courses, contact Dr. Paul LeBlanc, Undergraduate Coordinator, at (205) 348-5849.</p>

<p>Since he’s pre-med, he’ll also occasionally meet with pre-med advising…Mr. Chris Hutt or one of his associates.</p>

<p>Have him look in his “degree works”. Mine & child’s are both listed there.</p>

<p>So do all students have a set advisor, or does it vary by college? At the advising session for the business school at BB, the advisors just walked down the rows in the big lecture hall and signed off on schedules. The advisor my D had never introduced herself and her writing was also illegible, so D has no clue who it was (she probably had a name tag but D didn’t look). OTOH, D didn’t find the advisor helpful and she also gave D bad information, so not having her as an advisor in the future would be A-OK with D.</p>

<p>ETA: No advisor listed in DegreeWorks, either.</p>

<p>Your advisor at BB will probably not be your advisor once you get to Bama for the fall. Since BB is so hectic and they have less advisors present, everyone kinda works with everyone. At least that’s how the COE did it. Heck, I’ve served as an advisor to people during registration sessions (for transfers and spring enrollees).</p>

<p>Email the department and ask who his advisor is, or wait until fall. They probably haven’t even assigned advisors yet for incoming students. That may not happen until you are ready to register for the spring semester.</p>

<p>I don’t have an advisor listed, possibly because CBA does not assign advisors.</p>

<p>My philosophy has been to contact whomever is best for that advising question/need and if I don’t know whom that would be, someone who will forward my email to the correct person. CBA is very businesslike in this regard.</p>