AEM 264 recitation question

<p>I’m looking at son’s Thanksgiving schedule and unfortunately, he has a 7-9 Tues. class for AEM 264 (Dr. Keith Williams), which I’m assuming is a recitation class. Does anyone know if that 2-hour evening class meets regularly? For the last two semesters, son had some math classes with an evening recitation which, although was in his schedule, did not really meet. </p>

<p>I am hoping to be able to book a flight after the class that ends at 2pm on Tues. Otherwise, he will have to fly out on Wed. before Thanksgiving.</p>

<p>You could have your son e-mail the professor and ask if he plans to do the recitation on that Tuesday. Explain that you are an OOS and would love the chance to go home for Thanksgiving. If the flight is a little more inexpensive, include that, too. Perhaps the professor and family have plans for the holiday, so recitation won’t happen that night.</p>

<p>Thanks, mom, that’s what I had in mind. I posted to find out if anyone had first-hand experience but I guess the best source is the professor, himself.</p>

<p>Last semester, I had Parker for 264. It was only used for testing, though there might have been the occasional help session that occurred during it. Most engineering profs dont want to be on campus that late at night, and they know most TAs have other important things to do. So most profs rarely use that recitation session. And I HIGHLY doubt he would hold one the night before Tbreak. I mean, only like half the students show up for classes on that Tuesday anyways…</p>

<p>Thanks, Mesquite! Son was in the same situation last semester and asked early; his physics prof. understood the OOS travel dilemma and told him the class would not meet that Fri. pm before spring break.</p>