Aerospac e Engineering Chance

<p>I'm an out of state and am working on my application. Just wondering my chances of being accepted into the Aerospace Engineering program since it is so competitive. </p>

<p>4.91/5 unweighted GPA</p>

<p>Class Rank- 81/694
Composite ACT-28
Math-30
Science-28
Reading-27
English-28</p>

<p>Honors classes throughout high school.</p>

<p>5 on AP US History.
Next years schedule:
AP Physics C
AP Spanish 5
AP Calculus AB
Senior Composition
World Literature
Astronomy and Geology</p>

<p>Extracurriculars:
Varsity football
NHS
Spanish NHS
Newspaper
SADD
Americas Achievement Academy</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>… Any one?</p>

<p>Sorry I am not sure what your unweighted GPA is for. Is your question about getting into a college and take AE (Aerospace engineering) classes? Because if so, I think you are fine given your GPA. Make sure you feel good about taking phisics classes because most of AE classes are founded around phisics. You will actually take general physics classes and then other classes that are more concentrated such as statics, dynamics, fluid dynamics, strength of materials, and others…
Also I would say that it would depend on the school you are going to, because I go to UVA, and you can sign up for the liberal arts school and then transferr to the engineering school, and at your junior year you would declare your major…
hope it helps, unless that wasnt your question.
By the way I dont think is about the AE program being competitive because my AE classes are small compared to my math classes or any other classes, which tell me there wont be many AE gradutes from my school when I graduate.
I think you need to concentrate in what school to go to, and seems like your grades are good to get into any field, any college.</p>

<p>I would expect your class rank to be higher if your 4.91/5.0? Are you sure this is correct.
depending on what they think of your EC’s you have a great chance.</p>