Aerospace Engineering Full

<p>Hey guys,
I just checked AIS and it looks like Aerospace Engineering is full. I'm a review applicant. Do I have a chance? This ruined my day.</p>

<p>From what I’ve heard, acceptance is not based on major. You will be accepted into your second choice major or general studies.</p>

<p>A&M has rolling admissions, so if Aero is filled up, you will not have a chance unless you appeal sometime next year because not everyone who has been admitted will go to A&M.</p>

<p>I think, you have to wait until AIS updates on wednesday to know for sure.</p>

<p>You more than likely will not be accepted into Aerospace right away but I wouldn’t worry too much about it, just make sure your second choice is still engineering (preferably not chem/petrol/electrical/computer) I’m a freshman this year in mechanical and all of the “track A” (everything but what I listed earlier) take the same engineering classes the first 2 semesters. Even after this first semester I’ve talked to many people who are dropping engineering altogether so I wouldn’t worry too much about transferring into aerospace after a semester or 2. As long as you get in before your first semester sophomore year you won’t be at a disadvantage.</p>

<p>Hey guys I also want to change my major from Computer Engineering to some other like mechanical or industrial. Does Computer Eng. come in the ‘Track A’ engineering class ? How can I change my major ?</p>

<p>Comp ENG is track B but as long and you transfer before you begin upper level courses (1st semester sophomore year) you will be good. The credit transfers and you won’t have to take 111/112, it is just preferable as each track tends to focus on slightly different aspects.</p>

<p>Thanks very much Bumzo1. But, I am very impatient and want to change major before I begin my classes next year. Is there any chance of that happening? And whom should I contact for this?</p>

<p>Not much chance for fall 2013. But most of your classes will be the same, so why the rush? Good exercise in patience! I’m sure you will get an opportunity.</p>

<p>Can’t you change during NSC? By then some spots might be open because of students who do not accept the offer to go to A&M. I think I read somewhere they have a change of major booth or something…haha. I guess I would try to get the earliest NSC date possible. They open up in Feb.</p>