Aerospace grad at bama

<p>how is aero eng grad at bama in terms of reputation, ranking and job prospects. any idea about their placement service?</p>

<p>The state of Alabama is home to the second largest research park in the nation…Cummings Research Park (google it).</p>

<p>Because many Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 Industries are in the state, getting placed after college is not a problem The state of Alabama has a very low unemployment rate for college graduates.</p>

<p>The following Fortune 500 aerospace companies are in Alabama:</p>

<p>Alliant Techsystems
Ball
Boeing
General Dynamics
Goodrich
Honeywell International
ITT
L-3 Communications
Lockheed Martin
Northrop Grumman
Raytheon
Rockwell Collins
Textron
United Technologies</p>

<p>i think they call huntsville “rocket city” cause it has a nasa site there…</p>

<p>Im from rocket city… it will be easy for you to get a job up here after grad… but go to Georgia Tech for tha helll of it… it’s in the ATL :stuck_out_tongue: siglio, after the last shuttle is launched, the nasa site will be worthless for space exploration…</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>I don’t think Siglio is applying to GT. Too expensive for an OOS student. And, Siglio isn’t majoring in AeroE…he’s a comp sci major.</p>

<p>NASA is only a portion of aerospace in HSV. Notice that I didn’t mention NASA above. ( I live in the HSV area.)</p>

<p>the funny thing is that there are all these people keep talking about how cheap georgia tech is…idk how many times ive actually gone on GT’s website to see their rates…and they don’t make them easy to find either</p>

<p>that said, they are a good university…</p>

<p>i was just telling him that nasa is worthless now… idk why… xD isn’t huntsville great tho?</p>

<p>ive never been there actually…though id like to visit it one day…the rocket center sounds really cool</p>

<p>all these people keep talking about how cheap georgia tech is</p>

<p>Cheap? Well, maybe compared to similar privates that cost $50k+ per year. But for an OOS student, I would not call GT cheap. </p>

<p>As a matter of fact, the few HSV kids that I’ve known to go to GT all left after a year or two because they could no longer afford it. </p>

<p>OOS COA for GT</p>

<p>Out-of-state tuition and fees: … $26,926<br>
Room and board: … $8,746<br>
Books and supplies:… $1,000 </p>

<h2>Estimated personal expenses:…$1,500 </h2>

<p>Approx total…$40,000 (plus travel costs)</p>

<p>So, yes, it is cheaper than - say Columbia - but it’s not cheap at all.</p>

<p>some people have weird conceptions of college expenses…they think finaid will cover everything for them, which is not the case :(</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Yes, many people (adults included) do not understand FA. They don’t realize that most schools “gap”.</p>