Affirmative Action/URM

<p>Republicans supporting poor people?</p>

<p>You jest.</p>

<p>Really, black kids have a slave mentality? The black kids at my church don’t seem that way. They seem to be just fine with whites…</p>

<p>Not all black people are the same. </p>

<p>How do you even function in life?</p>

<p>Alexissss, stop watching the media and actually talk to real republicans. They aren’t all racist white men. Try watching some youtube videos against AA, you’ll find the videos against it are more convincing than the ones for it.</p>

<p>Yea.
Videos on utube.
Nice.</p>

<p>And I’ve talked to Republicans. Never again. You only want AA to end because you feel all blacks are idiots who are currently getting a free pass. You also err in thinking AA only helps us.
Lolololo</p>

<p>“How do you even function in life?” </p>

<p>why didn’t you say that to buttafly13’s comment. He’s the one who generalized blacks. </p>

<p>I’m done arguing with you people. I want you to do your homework. I have nearly a year on me debating this topic. Watch videos, don’t just listen to me.</p>

<p>Alexissss, I’m going to thank god I’m not a dumb black girl like you. Good bye.</p>

<p>@onlineowl what’s wrong with you dude?</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>If the issue were only “black people are too poor”, that’d be fine. But socioeconomic situation’s just a symptom, not the problem. The problem is race.</p>

<p>Race is why, even after controlling for socioeconomic status, Blacks have consistently tested worse than whites on virtually all standardized tests.</p>

<p>Race is why, even though 2/3 of all crack cocaine users are white/hispanic, in the oast 84.5% of the defendants convicted of crack cocaine possession were black while 10.3% were white and 5.2% were Hispanic.</p>

<p>Race is why a white person generally gets a better deal from negotiations with car salesmen than a black person does.</p>

<p>Most poor people are white. But they don’t deal with the same problems black america faces.</p>

<p>I do think there should be a socioeconomic AA in conjuction with a racial one. This will help ensure that more poorer blacks are admitted, as well as that more poorer whites are also represented.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>And not one hint of a good argument to show for it. >.></p>

<p>Owl, do u even lift?</p>

<p>

After all the garbage you’ve spewed, it took you this long to admit that you are a racist? Congratulations on wasting time.
And I’m going to speak for everyone on this thread when I say, we love being black. Thanks for your concern, however.</p>

<p>I don’t understand how someone that says they are not racist can call someone “a dumb black girl”. And say that you have facts and never present them. But put up YouTube links with opinions. But I hope that you are not lying when you say you are done arguing because I am tired of reading comments from you that are so ignorant.</p>

<p>Umm I’m a girl and I said blacks have a slave mentality, most of them I know do in my opinion. No, not every single black. I am black myself, and I know I myself have that mentality sometimes.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T589 using CC</p>

<p>On every objective measure, life sucks for us. </p>

<p>We are more unlikely to be happy, more poor, less educated, more conservative. We will have a harder time finding true love, or a good job. Anything we are ever remembered for doing will also be supplemented with the memory that we are black. </p>

<p>And for what? A gold star for being different.</p>

<p>Ok, all this thread is doing is making Alexis with however many S’s and Onlineowl look dumb. Arguing and calling each other mean names. Can we just get rid of this thread? It’s obvious some people can’t handle the minuscule privilege of commenting on a forum. It’s really sad that we’re all getting into such heated arguments over racism still to this day in 2013 and anybody who thinks racism isn’t prevalent anymore is crazy. Even over 1/10th of the way of the 21st century with a half black president leading our country for two terms, racism is far from over.</p>

<p>Oh lawwwwd. Lol y’all need to chillllll</p>

<p>I’m dumb?</p>

<p>Thanks. Appreciate it.
Plenty of others have commented on this thread, including you, but you call me out. Very nice.</p>

<p>@alexisss</p>

<p>I messaged you! :)</p>

<p>Because you’re the one going back and forth with this guy calling him who is obviously trying to provoke you and stir something up. He’s obviously just trying to make you mad, I don’t get why everything always has to be a heated argument with some people. It’s called just walking away. Which is what I’m doing now… Salut!</p>