Affirmative Action/URM

<p>@Galaxialto You’re thinking very one-dimensional. There are so many factors that you aren’t considering. How about you focus less on AA and more on yourself. If you are a great applicant who is interesting you shouldn’t have a problem getting into your schools of choice. Also your competition is other Asians not black people. So stop being so angry over nothing.</p>

<p>It was sage advice to not reply at all.</p>

<p>No forum can undo the hate.</p>

<p>Of course, Sri Lankans have it so much worse. Think of the hundreds of years of slavery, hundred years of apartheid-like oppression they endured as a people. Or, the continuing mistreatment by law enforcement, social segregation and miseducation. Or, the unmitigated violence that is tolerated in their communities by the media and politicians. Think of it.</p>

<p>If Sri Lankans are blacker than black people, they must have it worse than black people.</p>

<p>If they don’t have it much worse, than maybe AA isn’t totally about the pigment contained in ones skin. That can’t be the case though, otherwise, that may take away a persons ability to blame others for their own struggles. It must be all about the pigment, just like admissions is all about the SAT/GPA and not character, talent, diversity, or how much more interesting or passionate or compassionate or wonderful a person may be than others.</p>

<p>No, it can’t be that. And how would admissions know if a candidate is an angry, spiteful Sri Lankan or a really cool, fun guy to hang with just by what he says in his writings?</p>

<p>I’m suppressing the urge to tear into your argument and savagely rip it to pieces…but it wouldn’t help you at all. </p>

<p>At the end of the day, your sense of entitlement and hateful POVs will continue to serve as an obstacle preventing you from not only getting into the schools of your dreams, but also being wise and successful in the real world. I can only feel pity for you, and thank God that you won’t be a part of the Asian population in UChicago '17, because quite frankly, they’re amazing, intelligent, humble, and kind. Everything you are not. </p>

<p>Good luck in life dude. You’re going to need it.</p>

<p>lol this dude Galaxialto cites parchment.com as evidence</p>

<p>Your argument lost all credibility right there. cya</p>

<p>Just move on, guys.
Agree to disagree.</p>

<p>Notrepondingnotrepondingnotrepondingnotrepondingnotreponding </p>

<p>Is anyone else curious as to how these black people are supposedly getting into H and the like with crap scores? Lol I must be guaranteed admission into all the places. <3333333</p>

<p>Alexissss I love you for that hahahahaha</p>

<p>Lolol xD </p>

<p>DID I JUST MISSPEL “RESPONDING”?
What is life?</p>

<p>you misspelled misspell haha #irony</p>

<p>I can’t right now.</p>

<p>wat is spellang?</p>

<p>knot 4 me </p>

<p>10 char</p>

<p>Look people, I am not against any race. Why do you people twist my words? All I’m saying is that AA is wrong, and you people are getting mad over that? I know black people have endured a lot, but slavery is over. I am not hateful or spiteful for wanting a fair chance. You people think like liberals lol. If I don’t agree, I’m racist right? If I don’t agree, I’m spiteful, right? To be honest, I am humble, and I have gone out of my way to help many kids, but you want to ignore this, and you like to ignore this. All I was saying before is that Blacks have a better shot than Asians. If we really are a single race, we need to compete against others of the same race, meaning Asians competing against blacks fairly. If Black people don’t want this, then they want segregation. Remember, I don’t want entitlement. I just want it fair for everyone. You say that I am looking at college admissions as only SAT/GPA, but that is not true. I believe essays and ECs do help. By saying that black people rely on ECs and essays for acceptance, you are being the racist ones by generalizing Asians by saying they don’t have ECs or good essays, which for the second time, not true. And by the way, being dark-skinned I have experienced racism, especially because I was the only minority male in my school lol. Do I want special priviledge for that. No.</p>

<p>One more thing. Stop assuming I am saying that black people aren’t smart, deserving, and qualified. They are, but statistically in schools in California and Great Britain, when they stop considering race, Asians over-dominate. I’m only standing up for what’s right, which is getting rid of AA. If African-Americans are just as smart, then getting rid of racial consideration shouldn’t be such a big deal…</p>

<p>…has anyone questioned why your are posting on this thread if you are not black?..</p>

<p>And if I don’t get into a top school, it will be because of my SAT, ECs, and/or Essay, or the fact no one in my school historically gets into one, or maybe even because of AA, not because I am “hateful.” Adcoms cannot see this unless I say something negative. And nothing I have said on my app is negative or overly-prideful. :/</p>

<p>Lauren933, is this a black people’s thread?</p>

<p>Why are you even here still?</p>

<p>Well I mean the title of this forum is called African American students. It just kind of seems like your trying to stir the pot to me…</p>

<p>WOAH WOAH WOAH. This makes so much sense now… LOL I did NOT see that! No, wasn’t trying to stir the pot. I honestly thought this was a page to fairly debate AA with kids of many races, my bad. I just googled “AA collegeconfidential” to see what other kids thought and it directed me to this page! My apologies!</p>