African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>Thursday <em>might</em> be the day Syracuse releases their first batch of letters. I’m anxious.</p>

<p>When I visited Syracuse, I fell in love! it’s so pretty and their student body is so diverse</p>

<p>Same here. I visited during the summer and absolutely loved it.</p>

<p>yeah it’s awesome. idk about the tough winters though…</p>

<p>I am from Naija, Yoruba to be specific. Naija fo sho</p>

<p>oh and I got into USC (full ride :D). Trust me people, SATs and scores are not what make you you and you need to make you show through in your essays</p>

<p>hopefully thursday is V-G day. (victory at George Washington .) yeah i kinda liked US history a lot lol . </p>

<p>sooooo nervousss</p>

<p>Paronia: I thought a lot about the winters too. I like the school so much, I’m willing to put up with the snow.</p>

<p>congrats jacobo!!! proud of you!!!</p>

<p>umm, i live in new england. you guys are complaining about winters? wimps :wink: (I kid).</p>

<p>Haha. I don’t mind snow. I’m only looking at college in eastern states so anywhere I go there’ll be snow.</p>

<p>Whooo!! Congrats to jacobo!!! :slight_smile: Show em how it’s done haha.</p>

<p>I applied to one school on the east coast (Drexel). I think I was out of my mind when I applied… too cold for me :(</p>

<p>I applied to Drexel too. The weather in Philly isn’t bad if you’re used to a little snow.</p>

<p>LaChica-- cough no smith???</p>

<p>@Karr: Have you visited Drexel?
@CPU: :frowning: Well, since you added Stanford…maybe. If I can muster up enough energy to start the supplement haha.</p>

<p>Smith sent me this really nice booklet, but I think my dad shredded it LOL…maybe I’ll request another one.</p>

<p>Yes, several times. I have quite a few friends that study there.</p>

<p>Hey guys:</p>

<p>I got the greatest advice for applying to college. I was told to keep calm and have faith. Nervousness is what gets you rejected. When you open that email have an open mind and slow heartbeat and you’ll be fine…:))…Thursday. Let’s do this!!!</p>

<p>did you do stanford???</p>

<p>@CPU: Nope! I don’t even feel like it lol.
@Karr: Oh really? Could you see yourself attending?</p>

<p>then you don’t have to do smith lol.</p>

<p>thanks salone4u!</p>

<p>U r so very welcome…:))</p>

<p>Yes, but it’s not my top choice. I have visited so I’m pretty familiar with things. It’s downtown and is pretty much across the street for U Penn. theres a lot of things to do in Philly. Additionally, their Co-op programs are some of the best.</p>