African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>Nope.
I’m on track.
Just got back my SAT scores. 12/12 on my essay!!! The rest of it is not worth talking about lolz, but i’m extremely proud of my essay. </p>

<p>Just sit down on one Saturday and just finish all of those apps!!!</p>

<p>Congrats, Rose!! I can never seem to do that essay right…</p>

<p>I have a three day weekend, so ima definitely start doin’ work on those essays (and because there’s really no other time to do it lol).</p>

<p>haha thanks.</p>

<p>And yeah, I hope you get all of that stuff done!!
The earlier the better, IMHO.</p>

<p>Random question, but do any of y’all kno where I can get a graduation stole made and shipped to Virginia</p>

<p>^I honestly have no idea…</p>

<p>And on a completely unrelated note, how did you guys identify yourselves on the common app? Even though I was born in Africa and so were both my parents, I still checked off U.S. / African American and African because I feel like the Western culture has been an integral part of my background as well.</p>

<p>@salone,</p>

<p>I have a seamstress, so i’ll just ask her to make me a nice one. :)</p>

<p>But if you type kente stole into google, you will find a few sites that customize them and sell them for a nice price.</p>

<p>@ojodelt,</p>

<p>I did the same.</p>

<p>@ojodeltigre - African too (your name looks so Nigerian its not even funny). I identified that same as you did and all the admissions officers and ppl I have talked to say that’s what I should have done and should do on future apps.</p>

<p>Thnx @blackrose…:)</p>

<p>@jacobo - haha, how’d you know I was Nigerian? ;)</p>

<p>I from Sierra Leone…as my username gives away if u speak krio…and its pretty obvious ur Nigerian…■■■■■</p>

<p>I just Identified myself Black/African American…
Does anyone else agree with me the the College process is stressful and unsettling as all get out?</p>

<p>Wait… I just put Black/ Caribbean… Should I mark African American as well? I never thought about this before…</p>

<p>^ Same here…</p>

<p>@ojodeltigre - yeh, I think in Yoruba and Spanish at the same time sometimes and when I say ojo del tigre…I automatically thought day of the tiger…LOL</p>

<p>Lol is everyone on this thread “African”(first/second gen. American) as opposed to African “American”? It seems like the majority is African. Never noticed that before, hmmm, interesting. :)</p>

<p>i was born in Africa. lolz</p>

<p>I have only met one CC’er who was an actual African American.</p>

<p>I’m African American.</p>

<p>So am I. ^^</p>

<p>I’m African. Kenyan American to be specific.</p>

<p>cool. Now I know 2 more. :)</p>