African-American/Black Class of 2012 (HS) Thread

<p>Good luck ppl; definitely cheering y’all on :)</p>

<p>mine was George Washington .
soooooo nervous .
but i did EA to Fordham, U Albany, Saint Rose ( accepted with $56,000), Hartwick (accepted with $76,000), Northeastern and … thats it i think .</p>

<p>the wait is a killer</p>

<p>well, we only have about a week left to wait :)</p>

<p>Good luck, guys :)</p>

<p>Eight days ahhhh (some of us, not me though, will hear back before then). </p>

<p>Good luck and I wish much success to us all <3</p>

<p>Thanks CPU :)</p>

<p>and Thanks Mrluggs!</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone else!!</p>

<p>“May the odds be ever in your favor”
~Hunger games</p>

<p>I wasn’t trying to sound like I was correcting you!</p>

<p>HEY guys. whatsup I just found this thread…how is everyone?
So i’m bugging about college apps. I did RD for most of my schools because my top school is sophie davis at CUNY and they do not like when their prospective students apply early to other schools.</p>

<p>Next week should be interesting… But it’s still kinda far for the nervousness/anxiousness to set in.</p>

<p>Also, I’m proud to say that I’ve been working on my supplements for weeks now! But the rate at which I’m coming up with ideas and getting them to paper isn’t quite as quick as I’d like. So more or less, I’m still swamped.</p>

<p>And welcome to the thread collegeparonia. I have some friends applying to Sophie Davis. They said something about having to take a special ACT or something for it soon. Are you doing that too? What ever it is lol</p>

<p>Good luck to anyone finding out decisions this week!</p>

<p>Good luck everyone!!! Fingers crossed for all of us :)</p>

<p>Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using CC App</p>

<p>Was just accepted into one of my safeties, MCLA.
Not totally exciting, but it’s my first response, and it was a positive one :)</p>

<p><strong>High five</strong> </p>

<p>Congrats, Rose! :D</p>

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>Thanks! :)</p>

<p>10char</p>

<p>congrats rose! And yeah Kali I am taking the act exam at sophie davis this sat, only because I came in 5 mins late to the ACT today and they wouldnt let me take it…■■■ :frowning: haha</p>

<p>Reaches: Harvard, Yale, Princeton
Match: Emory
Safeties: GA Tech, University of Georgia</p>

<p>OH YEAH, found out on Friday that I got into UT Plan II Honors! :D</p>

<p>Congrats to BlackRose and ojodeltigre!! :)</p>

<p>Congrats ojodeltigre :)</p>

<p>Thanks LaChica :)</p>

<p>I just noticed that getting accepted into college does not come with a rush of good feelings. I always knew I would attend college, being accepted is not filling me with any happy rush… it’s more like an “ohhh… yaaa. I got into so and so college” type of feeling. </p>

<p>I’m disappointed by my reaction :confused:
I expected more.</p>