African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Hey guys!! I just thought I'd start this thread :) C/O 2014 stand up!!! Lol what are your top schools?! Are you ready for Senior year? How's your Junior year been so far?! Share please!! We are all here to help each other out!</p>

<p>Whoops!!! I forgot to mention this is the High School class lol</p>

<p>Hey! I live in Florida so I’m most likely going to go to an in state for my undergrad to save money. My top schools are University of Florida, Florida state university, and university of Miami. I am SO ready for senior year and all the fun that comes with it. Junior year has been okay, I moved in the beginning so I had to adjust but luckily it wasn’t too bad.</p>

<p>Yay a thread for us! I really would like to go to Ohio State University or Northwestern University.</p>

<p>:) all good choices! IB is killing a sister lol. I’m ready for senior year, can’t wait! I’m from Texas but my #1 school is Notre Dame :slight_smile: other than that ill be applying to Texas schools.</p>

<p>Neither of the high schools I went to offered IB :confused: I didn’t take to challenging of classes this year so I’m scared it will hurt me. I took one AP, four honors, a medical academy class and a “research” class which is exploratory teaching. I’m taking three APs next year and the rest will be honors.</p>

<p>That’s good enough. At least you tried to challenge yourself, that’s all that really matters. I was skeptical about joining IB at first because I was told that I wouldn’t be able to handle that environment. That I wasn’t “that” smart. This Asian girl even said that it would be too hard and I’d probably drop out. I didn’t give daaaaammmmnn. I love IB and its one of the best decisions I’ve made yet. The workload is ALOT but you have people there to help you and all. As for that Asian girl, all I can say is that she’s in academic probation because she failed more than 2 classes last semester. <em>rolls eyes</em> lol.</p>

<p>Don’t worry, you’ll be fine!</p>

<p>Haha I love when people doubt me and I prove them wrong! A lot of the times when people claim something is too challenging its because they aren’t willing to put in the work. What do you want to do as a career/major in?</p>

<p>Right! Lol I want to major in Political Science w/ a minor in Finance. Attend Law School afterwards and then work with the government…hopefully in the senate and all. Go back to Africa and start a foundation for orphan children</p>

<p>Nice! I want to major in business and minor in psychology and go premed. Hopefully get into medical school and become a psychiatrist. I want to major in business in case I can’t get into medical school, I can just go to grad school. Are you African? I noticed your username is awilo and i love his music!</p>

<p>Finally something I can join. Junior year was a blast ,but senior year needs to come on. I’m ready for college! Go CUSE!</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>Welcome @LCengineerDT!! Join the group!</p>

<p>@ohsoambitious
YOU KNOW AWILO?! Omg!!! Yes!! I’ve been dancing to Awilo since I was 5. Haha, yes, I’m Nigerian. You?!</p>

<p>Omg!! I’m Nigerian too! Igbo!</p>

<p>Ahhhhhh im igbo tooo!!!</p>

<p>I’m a naija girl actually lol</p>

<p>Lmao I’m a girl as well…</p>

<p>It’s good to hear from some people similar to me. Any of y’all goin to Syracuse?</p>

<p>If only out of state tuition wasn’t so high :/</p>

<p>No but I hear its a good school :)</p>

<p>Yeah, out of state tuition suckssss lol.</p>

<p>They’re very generous with their money though according to others… Notre Dame is pretty expensive too.</p>