African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Did anyone apply for the nordstrom scholarship?</p>

<p>I’m doing so much stuff that I don’t even know what to do. True Story!</p>

<p>Hey everyone! I’m from Pennsylvania, and I am applying to a few ivys. Other than that, I’m applying to liberal arts colleges. My top choice is Princeton! Gosh, I’m so nervous and excited at the same time!</p>

<p>I got into the Chicago Summer Business Institute for engineering! :slight_smile: :D</p>

<p>Congrats!!</p>

<p>has anyone visited upenn? is it too urban? like does it have a campus at all…im not sure if ill love it or hate it but im checking it out this summer</p>

<p>Beautiful campus. Yes they have one. It looks very blended with the city during the day but at night you can tell how much of a campus it really is. It’s not walled off like Yale or secluded. It’s open and nice.</p>

<p>Is anyone going to be taking the SAT this Saturday ? If so, I came up with a few cram ideas right before the test. I scored a 1600 on the PSAT this year, which was very disappointing, so I decided that I’ll study for the February SAT and scored a 2050. All I did was get a few practice test booklets from previous years and from the “blue book,” bubbled in the right answers, and then went back and figured out why that was the right answer. Just a suggestion, hope it helps someone.</p>

<p>Omg! I just noticed I have testing for it this saturday I’m not ready! :(</p>

<p>Hey guysss!!! How’s your summer been going?!</p>

<p>Summer doesn’t start till next week for us because of the teacher strike. But I’m going to be in CSBI and I’m happy about that.</p>

<p>I’ll mostly be going on more college visits, practicing piano like crazy, and learning a new language. Plus I’m determined to rest and relax some. This is going to be my last vacation as a high school student, and I’m determined to make it memorable!</p>

<p>Yeah summer didn’t start yet for me. Like Sorine said, the teacher strike pushed us back. The summer is going to be filled with intense ACT/SAT studying, essay writing, and just doing everything I can to minimize the stress I will have in the fall. I know it doesn’t sound like much fun, but I figured if I work hard now, I can relax later in the fall. Also next summer will probably be filled with fun things before I go away to <em>insert school</em>, so I can sacrifice one summer.</p>

<p>Ahh I know what you mean. Hang Jim there guys. Haha, I’m going to be so busy with school work and volunteer work this summer it’s crazy. I won’t rest till next summer :(</p>

<p>Anybody planning to go to a nc school</p>

<p>Any Ghanaians?</p>

<p>Yes yes yes me me me!</p>

<p>Wooo! Didn’t know that there where any Chicagoans here what’s up? But For my summer I have CSBI ACT and SAT test prep, because I took my SATs and did extremely horrible on all three subject test and I mean idiot horrible. :frowning: I’m also going to do my cosplay on Luke Skywalker and the stormtrooper so I can join the Rebel/501st Legions. Then I’m building R2D2 for the R2D2 builders club, you guys should check them out.</p>

<p>Who’s having trouble picking colleges?</p>

<p>I’m having trouble figuring out if I want to go to college. I might just stay home and figure things out.</p>