African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Hey Seniors!!! Excited for the last year of high school :). Can’t wait to apply to schools.</p>

<p>detpeace Did UM essay topics come out because last time I checked they were still not updated on the common app.</p>

<p>I’m behind on essays. I’ve only started one and I have about 11 to do which includes scholarship essays too.</p>

<p>How’s everyone doing? Senior year keeping you bust already?</p>

<p>Nope, I know anyone that remembers me when this thread started but I’m going to drop I’m not even applying to schools. :frowning: Good luck to you all, and someone apply to MIT for me.</p>

<p>Sorine - why don’t you apply to keep your options open?</p>

<p>hi i wanna go to cornell so bad lol i love the place but i feel super unqualified. i want to ED to increase my chances but can someone tell me…will your financial aid package be diff if u ED versus RD?</p>

<p>What’s everyone’s core GPA</p>

<p>Sorine- if you don’t mind sharing, what made you come to this decision?</p>

<p>I’m Igbo as well!</p>

<p>No your fin aid should be the same.</p>

<p>Hey guys! I don’t mean to be rude or anything but I have some questions and I am curious about a major in African American studies… a) What kind of department is it under (arts and sciences?)
b) Are there any jobs besides teaching with this degree?
c) Is it an easy major to complete?
d) why did you choose this major???
e) do you really think this is a legitimate major?
(Sorry if this came off rude, I just want to know what you guys think…)
Thanks!</p>

<p>OH SIWHWHDHE I AM SO SORRY
I thought this was under an African american STUDIES thread. Apologies lololol</p>

<p>Should I apply? I really like UPENN but my GPA is poor to say the least. 3.4 GPA, SAT is average for the school(21XX). I started my own business for an EC(profitable), I have good letters, an excellent essay but again, GPA is lackluster</p>

<p>I am done with all of my college apps y’all!!! Let the waiting begin.</p>

<p>OMG I feel so old. I thought this was a thread for the COLLEGE class of 2014 :(.</p>