African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Oh really? That’s cool! ND has a very generous financial aid (from what students have told me). So hopefully, I’ll be fine. I’m looking into staying in Texas as well and applying to UT, A&M, SMU, Texas Tech</p>

<p>Me too. I’m looking in a kind of variety though. I plan to apply to UT ,A&M and Iowa State.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>I guess I need to do more research about which colleges are generous financially. I’ve always assumed that just going in state would cheaper, especially since Florida pays a good amount of your tuition if you have a certain GPA and SAT/ACT score</p>

<p>In a way that’s true but don’t be afraid to look elsewhere. Good grades will help you anywhere.</p>

<p>Yes this is true! I think ND and maybe one Ivy (just for the heck of it) will be the only out of state schools that I apply to. Every other school I’m applying to will be in Texas.</p>

<p>I hope you get into all of them. Consider everything though. You’re smart.</p>

<p>Thank you! I hope you get into all the schools you apply to as well. Smart? Lol nah, just hard working and motivated!</p>

<p>I hoping as well. Good luck to all of y’all too.</p>

<p>Thanks bro! Where are you from?</p>

<p>I’m from Houston but my parents are Haitian. You?</p>

<p>DFW area. My parents are Nigerian</p>

<p>Ayeee “Houston, Texas baby!” (Beyonce voice) lol I’m from the DFW area. My parents are Nigerian.</p>

<p>That’s cool. Dallas! That’s boss. That’s where it’s at.</p>

<p>Lol!! Houston is where it’s at! Haha I went there for a convention and BOYYY was it fun haha.</p>

<p>Houston is alright. I hear some amazing stories about what goes on in Dallas</p>

<p>Lol I guess they’re equal haha</p>

<p>Alright lets agree on that. What do you plan to major in?</p>

<p>Political Science with a minor in Finance. You?</p>

<p>Aerospace engineering minor in German or French. Political science? What career?</p>

<p>That’s good! I plan on taking French as my foreign language in college. I want to go to law school afterwards (Harvard Hopeful here). After that, my life is pretty blur lol…I’m not sure. I may do some government work. I want to run for a political office god willing. On the side I want to start my own foundation that will help orphaned children go to school and dream big like me. To know that they to can have a future no matter the circumstances. I’ll start from my home continent of Africa and hopefully it’ll grow from there into other continents/countries. I want it to expand worldwide.</p>