African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>Another Harvard hopeful here lol. Everybody I talk to tells me that they could see me as a politician. I would love to help shape this country, the economy specifically. That’s probably why I’m so determined to major in economics. I want America to go back to the 50s and 60s, except with equal rights for everyone including homosexuals. </p>

<p>Ok I’m rambling now. xD Also I want to take Mandarin because it might be the best language to learn, especially from an economic standpoint</p>

<p>Haha yay! People say the same about me as well! You’ll be successful I know it. Economics? Sounds so cool. Lol I was debating on whether to minor in Finance or Economics. Blah idk. I’ll see. I really want to travel and do international stuff. Different countries, people & culture excite me :)</p>

<p>Thanks! Different countries excite me as well. I’m actually leaving for France and Spain in 4 more days. This will be my first time out of the country! I also love different languages. I think they’re so cool.</p>

<p>Lol yay!! I’ve been to Nigeria and Germany twice! France?? Ahh so lucky! I’m jealous. I want to study abroad when I’m in college so hopefully ill be able to go to England and France. What are you going for??</p>

<p>I’m going for a school trip. It’s like this immersion trip so students can experience a different culture. And that’s cool that you’ve been to Germany and Nigeria. I really want to go to Africa. I want to see the urban city life side of Africa that isn’t even as widely publicized as the impoverished side of Africa.</p>

<p>Omg that’s so cool. I hope you have a good time & I wish you a safe journey! :slight_smile: Yes!! I hate that people feel like Africa is all huts, lions and poor people. IT’S NOT! We do have cities and malls just like the US. It gets annoying sometimes how ignorant people can be.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>Exactly. I also hate how people group African countries together as if it’s one big country. Africa is a continent, not one country defines the whole continent.</p>

<p>Yep! You’re right. I wish some people could understand that though :/</p>

<p>Speak the truth. I wish y’all success in these adventures. I hope both of you reach some sort of office. Then America and the rest of the world can prosper.</p>

<p>Sent from my SGH-T989 using CC</p>

<p>Amen! Thank you! That means alot. I KNOW you will be successful at whatever you do.</p>

<p>I hope so… Is either of you applying early decision?</p>

<p>I want to apply to UT EA & maybe one 1 ivy…the rest RD</p>

<p>Thanks LC. I’m planning on applying to Northwestern University ED. They have great financial aid, especially for Illinois students. What about you?</p>

<p>I’m planning on applying to Syracuse ED. UT EA.</p>

<p>Oh that’s good! What other schools are you guys interested in?</p>

<p>Northwestern mostly likely won’t work out, hopefully it does though, but if NU doesn’t then I also want to go to Ohio State and I’m most likely getting in. So no matter what I will end up somewhere where I’ll be happy :)</p>

<p>I’m applying to</p>

<p>Northwestern University ED
The Ohio State University (I’m applying to their Scholars Program as well)
University of Illinois Urbana EA (state flagship, I’m sort of expected to apply here)</p>

<p>I honestly just want to apply to these 3 and that’s it, but my mom will force me to apply to more and when she does, I’ll apply to </p>

<p>DePaul University
University of Illinois Chicago
Washington University in St Louis
Syracuse University</p>

<p>Lol you’ll get in!! I’m not gonna get into ND… I know lol. It’s a reach. My safeties are </p>

<p>Texas Tech
Texas State
UT Austin (maybe lol)
SMU</p>

<p>If I can get into Northwestern then you can get into Notre Dame lol</p>

<p>Anyone from Chicago? I want to apply to MIT, Princeton, Caltech, and IIT. I so far have had the worst year ever. Apparently in my school teh kids in the IB programme don’t want me here so I hate it here.</p>

<p>Haha you’re a future Wildcat and I’m a future Irish :)</p>

<p>@Sorine
Whaaaat do you mean they don’t want to be there?!</p>