African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>I know it’s scary but here is mine.</p>

<p>Extracuriculars:
Academic decatholon ( won 6th in state)
math team
Underwater robotics club (won 3rd in city)
mikva challenge
student voice ( we have done so much for the school and neighborhood)
student activities council
First Golf team ever started this year *Team Captain</p>

<p>Activities:
junior research scientist at columbia college ( studied about different solar panels and their power output in sunlight)
Adv. video production for 1.5 years
piano since I was ten years old
I self study a lot of math and Physics, so I’m planning on taking SAT Physics.
and many more I would tell, but I don’t want colleges to identify me. :)</p>

<p>hopefull:
ACT score of 31 or 32
SAT: Bio- 710, Chem-710, Math level 2-750, Physics-710
Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra aka CYSO
and many more.</p>

<p>Really scary that school is almost over, yet I can’t wait.</p>

<p>^ Did you apply to Chicago Scholars?</p>

<p>Yeah it’s scary but it’s apart of life. We’re growing up and college is just one of the many steps towards our goal and all.</p>

<p>Your EC’s are nice. I should have joined my local youth symphony orchestra</p>

<p>No, what is the Chicago Scholars?</p>

<p>Oh. It’s a 5 year program that helps you with college applications and job opportunities over the course of senior year and college. They have this special event where 100s of colleges are in a room and those colleges meet with students and they usually offer admissions on the spot and/or offer scholarships.</p>

<p>The deadline passed I checked online I would have loved to do it.</p>

<p>Interesting I got a letter from the university of Chicago. :slight_smile: They want me to apply!</p>

<p>Yay!! That’s good to hear :)</p>

<p>Thread got a little quiet, so how is everyone doing? I’m on Spring Breack right now so I’m having a blast. I’m also going on a college trip to milwalkee, and to the Depaul Ice college thing. How about you guys? :)</p>

<p>I’m fine. I have a lot test this Wednesday, idk why…stupid IB teachers lol. Other than that I’m ad this weekend is Easter. I gave up Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr for Lent so I shall make my return this Sunday! :)</p>

<p>My breaks going okay, I’m getting a lot of rest so I can’t complain. I haven’t done anything really exciting yet but one of my friends is coming down to Florida this week so hopefully we’ll have a chance to hangout. Plus I’m excited for Easter! I’m dreading school though -__-</p>

<p>Hello everyone! Congrats on being bright, ambitious students who want a great education. If you haven’t read the thread ivy help yet, please read it. It is heartbreaking for the mother and daughter, but it contains important information for you to think about when you start creating the list of colleges to which you want to apply. The most important thing to take away from that thread is don’t ever create a list without an academic and financial safety. If you have questions, never hesitate to go over to the parents thread. There are many senior members on that thread who would be more than willing to answer any questions that you might have. </p>

<p>I wish you the best of luck moving forward! :)</p>

<p>Aw that sounds good! My break was like 2 weeks ago ): at least we have Friday off so I’m chilling</p>

<p>Also, IMO, her daughter’s lack of acceptances almost certainly didn’t have anything to do with the clerical error on FAFSA and CSS as the original OP postulated.</p>

<p>Interesting I would look up the thread. I just got back from teh college fair and talked to a lot of top university admission officers. They were very interested in me and what I have done. Especialy since I’m turning my lemons into highly awesome and somewhat exsplosive lemonade.</p>

<p>Thank you for the advice! I will look at that when I get the chance too.</p>

<p>Joiedv,
Thank you so very much for your advice. IMO you are so very wise, WOW! Congratulations! It’s amazing- the more things change the more they say the same…Best wishes to you and your equally amazing child! Take care.</p>

<p>I’m guessing IVY DAY is the day all Ivy League schools post their decisions?</p>

<p>Should I apply to Stanford or Princeton for SEA? I have kind of lost faith in my chances for getting into MIT.</p>