African-American Class of 2014 Thread

<p>UNC Chapel Hill, but very tough to get into if out of state. Davidson College, excellent liberal arts school. And of course there is Duke University.
Wake Forsest might also be worth considering and not as competitive as the aforementioned 3.
Of the above, my guess is the UNC is the most diverse.
T</p>

<p>Thank you. i’m ranked 20 something out of 300 and my act score was a 24. My gpa is 3.9 unweighed and 4.5 weighed. Do i have a chance?</p>

<p>Hey guys! I’ve been MIA for a little bit but my teachers are killing me with all this work. But it’ll be over soon because of AP testing and I’m taking finals early in some of my classes. On kind of disappointing note, I didn’t get in to this Bank of America student leaders internship that applied for for the summer. When I first applied for it, I really reaaally wanted to get in because its an eight week program and by the end of the summer I believe you would make around $3000-$5000 dollars. I’m not as bummed as I thought I would be though because I’m going to be having a busy summer anyways. I was selected as chapter president for my schools’ best buddies program and because of that I have to go to a mandatory leadership conference in Indiana in July. Plus I got a job so I’ll be earning some money which is always good and I’m hopefully going to be volunteering at my local hospital! Sorry for long post but I just wanted to give you guys an update!</p>

<p>Ayeeee girl! That’s good. I applied for the Questbridge College Prep scholarship thing and was rejected. I’m okay though. I’ll be doing alot if volunteering and hmwkkkkkk this summer, possibly looking for a job.</p>

<p>I didn’t get accepted either and I was so sad but also didn’t care anymore. Other than research I’m going to go to a local community college and take all of their math and science courses. :smiley: Also I’m going to start building my R2D2 astromech droid.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Riiight. And guess what? The people who beat, hosed, bit and jailed them were terrible and people complained about those people because they were terrible. That’s what complaining is about - broadcasting terrible circumstances.</p>

<p>The fact that it was the freedom of the teacher to do this has absolutely no bearing on whether what he did was right or wrong. It was asinine. Part of progress is stamping out patterns of asinine behaviors.</p>

<p>But among those protesters, people had to pay rent, pay bills, go to work and rear kids. They didn’t didn’t stop turning because they were out protesting. They couldn’t use it as an excuse for being late with the rent or electric bill or not putting kids to sleep or sending them to school. What’s a landlord going to do? Eviction.</p>

<p>The teacher wants a presentation. If you want a grade, you give the presentation according to his standards. Then you can resume your protest.</p>

<p>Anybody know any good colleges in NC with a good amount of AA’s?</p>

<p>I think Columbia university has a descent amount of AA. They’re ranked #1 of all Ivey leagues with the most AA students.
Also what do you guys think about Affirmative Action being over with now?</p>

<p>That’s not in NC is it?</p>

<p>Affirmative action isn’t over with now. </p>

<p>But it will be by the time you guys apply. Probably, I mean.</p>

<p>Where is Columbia university?</p>

<p>Columbia is in NYC and is one of the Ivys. You also asked about schools in NC with good diversity. There are many. You should see a teacher or college counselor. If you are applying in the fall you need to know the Ivys and the NC schools (there are a ton) and that stuff is basic information you should have so that you can start comparing your SAT and ACT scores and figuring out what is realistic.
HSgrad</p>

<p>Hey ! I’m happy to see a thread on here specifically for the African-American c/o 2014. I’m from a small town in Florida . Are there any other Floridans here or even some from Georgia ( my dream college is GSU).</p>

<p>AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO IS FLIPPING OUT THAT WERE APPLYING TO SCHOOLS IN THE FALL! like ahhhh</p>

<p>and has anyone else finalized their summer plans? got rejected from tasp like a chammppp</p>

<p>@missdeterminded I’m from Florida!
@elle822 I’m freaking out too!! I have to get my essays perfect!</p>

<p>Ella:
Summer plans in place. Doing an econ program, a service academy and a summer research program with a physician while also volunteering. Didn’t even go for TASP…knew better (smile).
And yes…flipping out too. The time is HERE!
HSG</p>

<p>hahah yeah its so weird…like all these things that i saw my siblings do and i was like wow they are so old…taking SATs…driving…applying to college…and now im doing it… its so so weird.</p>

<p>and haha i did tass last year and loved it so i was like hey why not! it all worked out thought im interning with an organization thats exactly what i want to be doing later in life and with a female republican delegate in govt (those are rare) and working when im not at either of those internships</p>

<p>@MissDetermined I live in Georgia and going to apply to GSU, but it is only as a safety and I really don’t like it so much as it is downtown and scattered with other buildings instead of close together. Yes, one could get jobs easier than other schools, such as Mercer, due to the proximity to major corporations, but it just doesn’t appeal to me. I’m not telling you this to not apply to GSU, APPLY if you can see yourself there, but keep your options open.</p>