African American Class of 2015

<p>It’s been a long time since I have been on here. How’s junior year treating you all?
I don’t know how I am hanging in!</p>

<p>Im just holding on until second semester. I mean I’m just not math minded and AP chem and physics are kicking my butt</p>

<p>No truer words have been spoken. AP Chem is definitely my hardest class but also one of my favs. It’s super rewarding! What are you all on?
Are you getting any type of sleep? This junior year thooo</p>

<p>Equilibrium of Acids and Bases or something…(not redox). We are doing pH, pOH and ka, kw, kb values with -logs. I hate it.</p>

<p>With the whole k of products and reactants…man that sucks. I have a test that I haven’t study for at all and it’s about to kick my butt tomorrow.
Have you guys got your PSAT scores back? My guidance counselors won’t give them to us after break. I wanna know SO bad!</p>

<p>Nope! haven’t gotten mine back yet. I’m not sure if we’ll get them back before break or not.</p>

<p>we got ours back about a week or two ago! My scores were CR: 71 M: 53 W: 70. Math was as expected, but I was satisfied with CR and Writing. The curve must have been harsh, I only got three wrong on the writing :/</p>

<p>That’s a great score! Have you taken your SAT yet?
I just really wanna know if Im gonna meet the National Achievement cut off. Do you know what it is in your region?</p>

<p>Don’t have the best grades… AP Calc BC - A; APUSH - B… Will probably pull out a B for the year; AP Bio - A; Honors Spanish V - B… Will probably pull out a B for the year; English - B… Will probably pull out an A for the year; Honors Principles of Engineering - A.</p>

<p>My GPA is like a 4.15 right now… 3.78 unweighted… ugh</p>

<p>I’m so busy outside of school, though… my EC’s have been killer all throughout highschool.</p>

<p>Also, I got my PSAT’s back too… I got a 212… no National Merit Semifinalist for me… I’ll probably end up getting commended and National Achievement…</p>

<p>brown210 that’s still really good! And my grades are about the same as yours.</p>

<p>Hey, how’s everyone doing</p>

<p>@basic No, I’m taking the SAT in March. I don’t know what the exact cut-off is, but I live in MD, so around 200-210 I guess?</p>

<p>Hey guys it’s been awhile. Junior year has been very rough. I’m no longer failing pre calc lol. And AP Lang has become my favorite class now. </p>

<p>These were my PSAT scores; CR:54 M:53 Ws: 50. This wasn’t what I was expecting but now I’ve decided to take the SAT in march. I need to prepare a lot more.</p>

<p>I’m a junior and I just got my psat scores back a little while ago. I got 71 CR, 55 M, and 60 W. I’m so disappointed by these scores. Freshman year I got bad scores 53 CR, 36 M, 49 W but through studying the summer after freshman year I managed to jump to 66 CR, 45 M, and 66 W. I think I’m just going to have to start waking up at 4 everyday to study for the sat (because I really need merit scholarships). Does anybody have tips on any of the sections?</p>

<p>Junior Year has been quite rough for me as well. :frowning: Got straight As last quarter except for Precalc through some hard work (i.e going to my local university and studying till like 10 then waking up at 4am to keep studying). This quarter my mom has been on me about not coming home (which I dont know how to get her to understand all the hard work Ive been doing and what my classes require of me). She basically made me stay at home for this entire quarter and the results are evident- failing most of my classes. She still doesnt understand that Im failing my classes because she is keeping me locked up in the house where Im literally unable to study. And Ive recently literally gotten sick from this stress.
So yep, spending this break trying to both relax and work my butt off bringing those grades back up.
All I know is that I do all this bs for my future. A year and half and I’ll be going to McGill speaking mf french. And in two weeks, I’ll be done with these stupid classes and taking classes that I enjoy.</p>

<p>African-American female here. Class of 2015. I spent the past two days on this website. Just found this thread. What are your grades like and what colleges are you planning to attend? I have 3 Bs and 5 As. My school does A day/B day ( I hate A day). I’m good at Math/ government/ law/ computers. Terrible at English ( which is why I have a B in APUSH 'cause I hate writing). I want to attend Duke or UNC Chapel Hill, but I’m afraid I won’t get in because I don’t do much outside of school. My school doesn’t provide many clubs that interest me. I want to volunteer on the Kay Hagan’s senatorial re-election campaign. My weighted GPA is 4.44 ( 4.58 hopefully at the end of the year) and 3.68 unweighted. I’m in the top 15% of my class. My goals for the next two years is to open up more, show more of my personality, speak up more, stop being so sensitive, and express my opinions. I really want to overcome my shyness (which is also why I don’t do much outside of school) so I can become a lawyer and later become a politician. ( My favorite politicians are Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillabrand, and Cory Booker btw and I want to become like them.) </p>

<p>Happy Holidays <3</p>

<p>Hi BeStillMyHeart! This thread has been pretty slow lately, it’s good to see new people joining it! My grades are pretty good, All As except for Bs in Math and more recently in Physics. But I’m hoping to at least get an A in Physics so my only Bs will be in Math. My tentative college list is:
-Duke
-UNC-Chapel Hill
-UPenn
-Vanderbilt
-UCLA
-Yale
My top choices are UPenn and Duke so far. My list is very reach-y, so I’m trying to find more matches and safeties, but that isn’t going too well haha. I have a meeting with my guidance counselor in February/March so I’ll ask her then. I’m shy too, but joining clubs has definitely helped that a lot. Maybe you could try volunteering, or maybe an internship?</p>

<p>Thanks for replying! I feel so dumb on this website. Im pretty good in math though,im like the only one in AP LANG. Im suppose to meet with my guidance counslor too for the same thing. Im nervous though because i never spoken to her besides briefly when iwas registering for my junior classes. What kind of internships are there? I would do anything that doesnt involve speaking to a crowd or outdoors ( or long hours lol)</p>

<p>BellLander, Are you from NC? Duke, UNC, Yale, and Vanderbilt are all on my top! I’m from NC</p>