African American Class of 2015

<p>I’d apply but I’m sadly not off from school those days and probably won’t be allowed to go. I did apply for Windows on Williams where I am off. If you aren’t off from school on those days and are on another weekend, look into a very similar opportunity at a very similar tiered LAC with Windows on Williams!</p>

<p>I started my pre cal course today. It’s so boring oh my gosh</p>

<p>@collegebound752‌ Thank you very much! I will definitely apply. :smiley: </p>

<p>@Jellybae‌
I agree with you on the hooks part. When I look at an acceptance results page I usually just go for the general comments. I enjoy reading the advice and feeling the joy that’s clear as day when the student gets accepted. Makes me excited for my acceptance. :-)</p>

<p>It’s been a while since I’ve been on here, but hi guys!!</p>

<p>Hey hey hey</p>

<p>I’m excited for app season to begin but also dreading it because the only people I’ll be able to share my excitement with without getting bitter glares are you guys</p>

<p>Has anything awesome happened this summer for you guys yet? </p>

<p>Hey hey hey</p>

<p>I’m excited for app season to begin but also dreading it because the only people I’ll be able to share my excitement with without getting bitter glares are you guys</p>

<p>Has anything awesome happened this summer for you guys yet? </p>

<p>@jellybae I have the same feeling. I think it’s better to keep your goals and aspirations on the low until you finally reach it and announce it to your classmates. I wish us all the best this fall and winter! </p>

<p>As for the summer, I start my summer program on Sunday. Very excited for that. And I need to relearn chemistry for subject test -.-</p>

<p>“Its better to keep your goals and aspirations on the low until you finally reach it” this is WISDOM. I don’t need anyone’s negativity in my life</p>

<p>Oo oo what subject tests are you taking? :o</p>

<p>I’m definitely taking Math 2 and literature. I’m trying to decide between Physics and Chem. I just finished physics. I don’t really like the class and not to mention it was challenging. Mostly grading wise. </p>

<p>I last had chem sophomore year and I am taking AP chem senior year. I enjoyed it and I’m thinking it shouldn’t be too hard to brush up on the material. Plus it’ll help me for the AP class. </p>

<p>@jellybae idk about excitement, but i’m definitely nervous for app season. Studying for SATs, starting/finishing essays/the common app, summer assignments, work. Maybe its all the things I have to do or the fact that I just got out of school yesterday so my summer is basically only 2 months but i’m still stressed/worried :-S. Btw how did June SATs/SAT Subject Tests go? And when is everyone planning on retaking SATs/SAT Subject Tests? I can’t decide weather I want to take Subject Tests in October or November…</p>

<p>Im officially done with my SATs!! 8->
Well since I’m just applying to state schools, I’m just going to do SAT and ACT.
My plans for the summer are:
Study ACT
Read for AP Lit
Write Common App essay </p>

<p>How do you guys feel about studying and stuff over the summer? Sometimes I get looks when I tell people, but I can’t imagine spending everyday on the couch. I need structure!</p>

<p>I’m not sure if I’m done with the SATs yet. I got a 2070 for this recent SAT which isn’t good enough for the schools I want to apply to. So I’m going to try my luck with the act. If I can get my desired act score in September I’ll never have to take another SAT again :D/ </p>

<p>I am taking subject tests in October though. Specifically Math II, Physics or USH or/and Chem. If my act score doesn’t cut it I’ll take the SAT again in November since I’m confident I can get those last 200 points. </p>

<p>So this summer I’m prepping for the act and subject tests, reading my summer read, volunteering and finishing all that I can for the common app so I don’t feel rushed during school. </p>

<p>I’m with you basic! I need something to do too. My schedule isn’t very hectic it’s just like a regular school year except I get to do things at my own pace and sleep and eat whenever I want to haha</p>

<p>Hello, I first joined this forum when it was first created and I have not been on recently for a good minute. Just some things about me.
I’m a first generation american in my family
I have a weighted GPA of 4.0
I’ve taken 5 AP classes (more to follow) so far: Government & Politics, Environmental, Psychology, English Language, and Macro economics
I am active in my schools drama and BETA club
I love writing screenplays and stage plays
and I hope to one day become a successful television writer.</p>

<p>The schools I will be applying to are
Florida State University
University of central Florida
Loyola Marymount University
Fordham University
UCLA</p>

<p>My Maybes
USC
NYU Tisch
Oxy</p>

<p>Feel free to ask me anything else you’d like to know. Lol i’m so lost on what is going on here because I haven’t been on in so long. </p>

<p>Hey hey hey @dreamwriter23‌ you’re 1st gen? What country are you from? My parents are nigerian </p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ I’m from the democratic republic of the Congo. Lol formally known as Zaire. </p>

<p>I love meeting other Africans! I wish you the best with your apps!!! @dreamwriter23‌ </p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ thank you!!! What schools are you going to apply to ?</p>

<p>@dreamwriter23‌ I’m applying to:
Safety: State school - im an auto admit because im top 2%
Goal/Reaches: Northwestern, Wash U, Duke,Tufts (maybe amherst)
Reaches: Harvard, Yale</p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ Nice! I met someone on this site who got into northwestern but she told me she didn’t really like it there so she’s planning on transferring to brown. What do you plan on majoring? Or what are your career aspirations ?</p>