African American Class of 2015

<p>I don’t think I’m applying to amherst anymore. The school has nothing I want…</p>

<p>…not to mention its REALLY far from Boston</p>

<p>^ yup. The common app launched. Anyone started?</p>

<p>Yeah I just started mine…and quit after 10 minutes. I don’t know which activities I want to use</p>

<p>I’m probably not going to fill mine up. I’m just going to list the ones I’m passionate about </p>

<p>I am confused about my race. I know that I’m black, but it asked me to specify what type of black I am: whether I’m Caribbean, US, or African. What do I do if I’m all three? Do I just put my birth country? </p>

<p>Wait I can check all three oop</p>

<p>Started mine! So much info and still trying to narrow down my list. I was close but then i rethought it… :(( </p>

<p>Finished all of common app except the essay! Spending a few weeks on it, also rate my Scheduele! Senior yr:Ap English lit/Ap stats/Ap calc ab/Ap human geo/Honors chem 2/Honors physics (Intetested in bioengineering)</p>

<p>Ps. With a concentration in premed</p>

<p>@Blazer56 AP stats and AP human are considered the “easy” APs by some elite colleges. Is AP Chem or AP Physics available at your school? I’m taking AP stats this year too only because it’s the only other math class I haven’t taken yet at my school aside from AP Calc BC. </p>

<p>I would give your schedule a 7.5-8ish</p>

<p>@Clarg17 I feel your pain. I change my college choices every other week it seems like. UChicago was my top choice until yesterday. UChicago deflates grades and I want to get into med school which care mostly about your GPA. So as of right now I don’t even know where my top choice is. </p>

<p>Med schools are aware of the grading policies of each institution. Princeton is also dealing with grade deflation policies. If you have the portfolio and a sincere interest in UC which is a great place to go to school, you should contact an admission counselor for UC and find out their admittance rate for the last few years to the top med schools. There may not be a variance. Schools nay look set a 3.5 from UC as the equivalent of a 4.0 from some other places. </p>

<p>@sen302015 yes sir! Would having a b in ap chem look better than an a in hon?</p>

<p>@sen302015‌ but yeah I’ve taken all the other Maths as well and my school only offers 8 Aps, ten if you count ap art classes</p>

<p>@sen302015‌ I have my top choice but everything else just seems to change constantly. Im starting to come to terms with the fact that i will probably be applying to 18 schools :(( . At least 4 are early action/no supplements #:-S </p>

<p>Off topic but anyone here keeping up with the mike brown/ferguson situation right now? I just feel so tired and scared and defeated :(</p>

<p>@Jellybae‌ I live right outside St. Louis in Illinois and it’s tragic how it happened :p</p>

<p>Blazer56- I want to do bioengineering too. Personally I’m interested in Genetics. </p>

<p>Jellybae- I saw that today on the news. It really makes you put everything into perspective</p>

<p>I’m just tired of seeing harmless kids get shot for being black… I just :frowning: I’m so tired </p>