African American Class of 2015

<p>@mathmaticious That’s great and should open a lot of doors for you! How did you fare with your fly in applications? S got into Penn and Columbia and I think he is choosing Penn.</p>

<p>He has completed his fly ins to WUSTL, MIT, and JHU so if anyone on the thread is interested in those schools I am sure he would be happy to message you and answer any questions.</p>

<p>@planner03 that is great! Congrats to your son. I actually hope your son decides on UPenn (I got waitlisted :slight_smile: )
I was also going to ask how @Mathmaticious‌ did as well with his fly ins. I was rejected with Caltech and got waitlisted for Columbia.</p>

<p>Congrats on your score!!! I got a 32 (Literally one point extra on science and would have had a 33 lol). I’ve decided to retake it on the October test date, and hopefully I improve.</p>

<p>@planner03‌ and @emenya‌ Thank you! I didn’t get into the other fly ins but I had a relatively low SAT score to go with those apps. And school is beginning to get intense so I’m okay with not getting in. At least I got an app fee waiver from Columbia which will be helpful :)</p>

<p>Congrats to your S planner! Those are some difficult programs to get into. How did he like MIT?</p>

<p>And a 32 is still really good too emenya. Was that your first time taking it?</p>

<p>Are any of you applying to Ivy League schools, if so what are your SAT scores?
I’m a current junior, and prospective applicant to some of these schools and would love to know what scores (on each section) to set as my goals. </p>

<p>Thanks. Oh and good luck with current applications!! </p>

<p>My school finally notified me about national achievement (outstanding participant with 186 PSAT in PA). I thought I was not going to get anything for a while there. </p>

<p>`4WQAWT=-8S</p>

<p>@mathmaticious Sorry to hear about the fly ins. It is so hard to know how the decisions are made, but I suppose actual college admissions are just as unpredictable. S liked MIT and will probably apply, but he didn’t love it. He loved WUSTL.</p>

<p>D got accepted to Lehigh’s DAP and will be attending Wake’s Diversity Overnight as well as Coast Guard’s Genesis. Got invited to several but didn’t want to miss too much school, especially during XC season. Her coach would not be happy, lol!</p>

<p>Yay just found out today I got National Acheivement!!! Well from friends at my old schopl who heard it announced over the PA. I’m so happy!!!</p>

<p>@emenya Do you have the letter? The entire application, including the school/principal portion is due next Friday! Hurry!</p>

<p>@planner03‌ I will be making a trip tomorrow to my old school to retrieve it. I have been in email and even face to face correspondence with them since June about National Achievement due to my delicate situation, and frankly, they haven’t been very helpful. It’s as if they had never had National Merit/Achievement Scholars before :expressionless: I even took the issue up with the National Scholarship office, but they were of no help either. (“We can’t tell you if you are National Achievement yet.” they said on September 16th. Yeah right. Any way thanks for the heads up planner03. I really hope I can get it done during the week.</p>

<p>@emenya so sorry to hear that. You have to complete your portion of the application and submit it before your principal gets notification to start. Then the principal has until Friday to complete the rest and submit it. Do you have the essay topic at least? If not let me know.</p>

<p>@planner03 Don’t worry it was not your fault. I’m just luck I can actually go to my old school. And no, I do not have the essay topic.</p>

<p>@emenya I pm’d the essay topic to you. Your old school should be able to fax the letter to your current school. Ridiculous, but not surprising.</p>

<p>@emenya Congratulations!! I finished my part today. Now it’s up to the school.</p>

<p>On a seperate note. I was supposed to be at Harvey Mudd today for FAST but my flight got canceled. They didn’t schedule another flight because I would have missed half the program. Now I’m back at home. :frowning: </p>

<p>Turns out I did get the national achievement scholarship. I’m an outstanding participant :)</p>

<p>Congratulations! @Jellybae‌ </p>

<p>I have begun getting mail about being a national achievement scholar so that’s cool. I also finally sent in my UT and A&M apps today.</p>

<p>Congrats @Jellybae‌ and @Mathmaticious‌ </p>

<p>My UT app should be out by Wednesday (I know, I know lol)</p>

<p>Where else are you applying? @emenya‌ </p>

<p>Well, since UT is my safety and I would be 10000% happy to go there, I applied to a bunch of reach schools. It’s a lot. but I have fee waivers for many of them.</p>

<p>Stanford, Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Berkeley, Johns Hopkins, Columbia, and Purdue. Also Alabama (safety), Tulane (safety), </p>