African American Class of 2015

Just got some mail from UVA and UMD! Found out I was offered admittance to the Rodman Scholars Program @ UVA (really, really honored for that and looking forward to Days on the Lawn even more now).

And @Mathmaticious: Mine went about as well as they go. I’d had several before then so I was pretty comfortable with the process by that time, but my interviewer made sure to set a conversational tone which was nice. We just met and talked in the cafe of a nearby bookstore.

Most people applying to Yale, including yourself, I’m sure, are very passionate about what they love, so just let that excitement naturally come through and you’ll be fine. My interviewer said the interview is mostly about reaffirming and expanding upon information included in your app, and also provides an opportunity to add on other things that you may have left out for whatever reason, so I’d make sure to touch on and reestablish the theme you’re trying to go with in your answers. My interviewer had a question that specifically asked what other info I would like to be considered with my app, but if yours doesn’t section things off like that just mention new/undocumented achievements where you can.

Thanks and congrats @ahawkins‌ Mine went pretty well. The dude didn’t know much about engineering, so I was able to talk a lot. I have had several interviews as well which made this one easier.

For those of you accepted early, could you chance me?
http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1729019-please-chance-me-cc.html#latest

Hey has anyone received a likely letter yet? I just got one from Penn

@Hind2015‌ Congrats dude! I haven’t received any, but still hoping. Did the likely come through email or snail mail or both? Phone call?

I got a likely letter from Penn too!
@Hind2015‌ They emailed me telling me to visit my application portal because there was exciting news. Then it was there under updates

Yeah, it came by email! At first I was a bit confused at what “exciting news” they could have for me. I wonder if other schools are going to post likely letters soon.

Congrats!!

Oh my god, congrats guys!!! I’m jealous that you guys found out so early. This waiting is killing me

Congrats!!!
Those of you guys that got in early, when did you submit your app?

Just got a likely letter from Columbia!!

You’re killing it! @Hind2015‌ Congratulations!!

Thanks!! Congrats on MIT/Caltech, that’s amazing! @Mathmaticious‌

Thanks!! @Hind2015‌

I finally got my major at UT. It took forever, but I’m glad I got it.

Congrats @Hind2015‌ !

Ayyee @Mathmaticious‌ you too?! The wait for the major took forever!

I got accepted to UT earlier this week! I am so freaking thrilled. UT was one of the first schools I grew to love, way back when I was an anxious sophomore looking at colleges. This honestly feels surreal. While I’m still waiting on a few decisions, I’ve finally been accepted to a school that I would enthusiastically attend. The weight on my shoulders has been lifted.

I have only gotten 1 decision so far–acceptance to a safety. The wait is seriously killing me! :expressionless:

Wow you guys are killing it though lol. Next generation of applicants ftw haha.

@Hind2015‌ Do you mind posting your stats? And congrats on all your acceptances!

@uclabound1 Thanks! If you were wondering about my numerical stats: 2380 SAT, 740 and 800 SAT2, and 4.54 weighted gpa (grades 10-11). I did post a chance thread a while back with extracurriculars and other details