African American Class of 2015

Damnnnnnn @RFAtoIVY‌ CONGRATS
May I ask why you personally think you were accepted?

@myyalieboy‌ my guess is LL’s i would like to know as well

Our class really is slaying the college game omg

@myyalieboy and @gatortristan: I was was accepted to Princeton SCEA. I got an Amherst likely letter, as well as one from Harvard, Penn, Dartmouth, Bowdoin, Williams, and WashU. I was accepted EA to Chapel Hill, and RD to MIT. I received early notification of my acceptance to Vanderbilt because I was awarded the CV scholarship/MOSAIC invite, and Duke I got the BSAI invitation followed up by a traditional likely letter. @4cookiemonster, I hadn’t anticipated having this problem (I was expecting to maybe get into a quarter of these schools if I was lucky) so I’m having a very hard time narrowing down. @PoisonIvy20, I think the distinctive part of my applications is the fact that I have been a church organist for four years, as well as being an all-state caliber pianist and vocalist. I submitted music supplements to every school that accepted them. However, I did apply to be an Earth Science major, so I’m not sure how much weight those supplements carried.

@RFAtoIVY‌ Daang slayy

Well @RFAtoIVY‌ ^:)^ ^:)^ thats all i gotta say lol

Like damn have you guys been rejected anywhere lol

I got rejected at Kenyon and UChicago but just got into Middlebury

I got rejected from UCLA. Praying for Barnard and Wesleyan now :frowning:

@RFAtoIVY‌ @uclabound1‌ @KelMoo‌ @Jellybae‌ THIS IS SO AWESOME!!! Do you guys mind posting a short overview I your stats?

Why bother posting stats? When are people going to acknowledge that colleges admissions is not purely stats driven? Particularly at elite private schools. If stats were the only thing they wouldn’t bother reading the other parts of your applications. Thank God that admissions in the USA is not like that in China, Korea or India.

Got into UVa everyone! :slight_smile: Pretty stoked!

Congrats!!! @emenya‌

Oh yeah, I got into Boston University on Saturday!

@Anduar3‌ I haven’t been rejected anywhere but that’s all gonna change come March 31 & April 1. Haha, I’m waiting to hear back from Stanford (was deferred :frowning: ), Brown, Harvard, and UPenn.

The only school I’ve been accepted to is Davidson becuase of early decision and having to withdraw from my other choices. But I was recently selected as a Gates Millennium Scholarship Fianlist and recieved a scholarship from my school that is $25,000 a year plus a $1,500 stipend on top of my financial aid package which essentially already covered me expenses without loans ($61,000 per year in grants out of a $63,000 cost of attendance per year). And if I’m selected as a Gates Scholar they’ll take care of that remaining two thousand so hopefully I’ll have a lot of refund checks and pocket money. And congrats to all you guys on your acceptances and @emenya for being selected as a gates finalist as well because I saw you mentioned that in another thread.

@NIHHIHH Holy crap, that is AMAZING!!! Good for you guys!!! About thirty minutes ago, I found out that I got a half tuition scholarship from the University of Southern California and I am honestly so happy and in disbelief and can’t actually function right now. Haha

I just found this thread and wow everyone is killing it!!! I got into Cornell and I’m done I don’t even care for my other schools. I’m too excited

@beyondstr3ss3d‌, I feel the same now that I have Midd in my pocket lol

I am so proud of everyone!!!

Accepted to Northwestern!!!

Yay same here, just got in to northwestern!! I’m starting to feel a lot better now for ivy day