African-American High School Class of 2016

@DAVE437 i can’t tell if you’re joking or not so I’m just going to blankly say that chances are pointless but good job on ur test scores and stuff. good luck

@CCSenioritis I was joking but can’t someone chance me

Oh ok lol I was a little clueless haha. I have no clue fi you’ll get in or not but like I said, your test scores are strong and if your rank is high then it will help balance your gpa. I think you have a decent shot at everywhere you listed but then again a lot of them are top 20’s which tend to be a crapshoot. Make sure you nail your interviews etc… @DAVE437

You all make very valid points about the song. But I honestly love the lyrics.

Lots of emotion, love it

@DAVE437 I am nigerian too! best of luck with your process!!

I haven’t posted in here for ages. Finally got my EA decisions back. Accepted to UVA and UNC!

@allthingstesla Congrats!!

Oh idk if I’ve posted since December, but I’ve gotten accepted to Yale, UVA (Echols and College Science scholars), GMU, and William and Mary (I applied RD but I got an early notification (likely?) letter.)

Congrats you guys! I’ve gotten into Tulane, Ohio State Morrill+Scholars programs, College of Charleston Honors College(w/ invite to interview), UofSC, UAlabama Honors, and Howard(w/ invite to apply to their BS/MD program). I’m still waiting on Wake Forest.

Congratulations to those before me.

As for me, I just found out I was accepted to University of Michigan’s College of Engineering!

Congrats to all of you guys and good luck to the rest of us!

@letmeseetheworld yeah! I applied to Ron Brown! Hoping to hear back hopefully this friday :slight_smile: Feb 12

Also since I just found this thread, got accepted to my number 1 out of state school Emory! For both Emory and Oxford and was chosen as an Emory Scholars Finalist! Hoping it will all pay out in the end because I would LOVE 2000000% TO GO THERE! Anyone else with good news?

Y’all are so successful its both intimidating and inspiring.

@letmeseetheworld I feel the same!

We always post college acceptances but has anyone been awarded or are semifinalists in any outside or large university-based scholarships?

No I wish

Oh wow I’m late, hey everyone! Some quick things about me obviously I’m AA, female and my ACT is a 31, 32 superscore. My GPA is pretty low for my score because of an extenuating circumstance. I have plenty of EC’s and volunteer work, not so much WE. I’m a military brat too hahaha. I’ve been accepted to UMinnesota, Auburn University, Illinois Urbana, Tulane EA, and Iowa , only because I currently live in Iowa (I know these schools hold no correlation but my dad wanted me to have options). Consequently, I don’t want to go to any of these schools. My top is WUSTL and then Emory, Washington and Lee… etc. I also applied to UMichigan, College of William and Mary and my super reach- Penn. Waiting for these responses is killing me -.-

Hi everyone! I’m also late, haha. I was trying to wait until I received all of my college decisions to post here, but that would mean waiting until March or April and I just don’t have the patience. I’m an African American girl. My ACT composite is 30 and my GPA is 3.98 UW (4.72 W). I have a good number of extracurriculars and volunteer work, not a huge number of activities, but I have been doing them for a long time so hopefully I get points for commitment haha.

So far, I’ve been accepted to University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, University of Illinois-Chicago, Rockford University, Illinois State University, Spelman University, Soka University of America, and Temple University. I also got deferred to Regular Decision from University of Chicago. I’m still waiting for decisions from Howard. I also applied to and awaiting decisions from Syracuse, Northwestern, Yale, Stanford, and Princeton (I know those last three are super duper extreme reaches but my motto is if you don’t try you will never know haha).

Sadly, no outside scholarships yet, but I have gotten some institution scholarships. Congratulations to all of you with your acceptances and scholarships so far! Good luck with your remaining schools and scholarships!

bump keep the talk going haha!