African-American High School Class of 2016

Did anyone watch the Black Women in Hollywood special on OWN?

@Chopinspiano No I didn;t see that but I rally wanted to watch the Black Panther Party documentary on PBS but I missed it.

Any likely letters yet for any of you guys?

Haven’t posted on here for a bit but I’ve found out yesterday I was accepted to Chapman! Anyone else thinking of Chapman? I’ve been trying to find out info on their black community but no luck

@CCSenioritis I still have it recorded on my tv and have yet to watch it(I want to finish the Black Power Mixtape on Netflix first).

@ofmunstersandmen Congrats!!! I wish I could help you but the best way to find out is to either visit and ask fellow black students or dm someone on social media who goes there. Try checking for a Chapman Class of 2019 page on Facebook.

Another way to see is to check if Chapman has a multicultural event for accepted minority/international students or one specifically for blacks.

You guys, please post your Gpa and test scores when you post about acceptances!! It’ll give us c/o 2017-ers a feel of where we stand. Congrats to everyone, you guys are slaying college admissions >:D<

@ZBlue17 It’s in a separate thread! Thanks for the reminder though haha. I think a lot of the ED people didn’t post their results. Most people are still waiting on RD.

I’ll post all my stuff once i get all my decisions. I don’t want to post multiple times for each college.

^ I the same. My last college(s) come in March 31st, so on that day I’ll post a compendium.

Just gonna slide on in here and introduce myself…
I’m a Black girl living in the Bay Area, eagerly waiting for my 1st choice (Barnard) to holla back at me.

So far I’ve gotten into UC Berkeley, Spelman, Howard and SF State.
Nice to meet all of you! :slight_smile:

@charmandquark Welcome and congrats!

Update, got into Northwestern for Engineering!
I felt my chances were bad after UChicago waitlist, but I suppose not!

@Nedcone Wooh! Congratulations!
I’m in the same boat as you actually. I also just got notified today that I was accepted to Northwestern, for Economics. I also applied to UChicago EA and was deferred, and then yesterday I was rejected for the RD round. I was feeling pretty low and crappy after that, especially since UChicago was one of my top choices. But hey, Northwestern is a really good school too and apparently they don’t think I’m crappy lol.
Btw, have you heard anything about financial aid? The website says financial aid notification will be sent with or soon after the acceptance notification. However, I’m not sure if they mean the email notification or the physical acceptance letter/package.

@ThatPeprika I was flipped in that I wasn’t too heartbroken about UChicago (only over monetary costs) but I cared about NU. I would go with email given how digitized everything is. But either way, it shouldn’t be more than a week or so. Good job yourself!

got into cornell and nyu(full tuition)!!

I’m officially attending the College of Charleston Honors College and I’m a part of the William Aiken Fellows Society with mentoring by the Dean.

@Chopinspiano Congrats, that sounds awesome!!!

@CCSenioritis Congratulations! That’s so awesome! That full tuition is really gonna help, if you do decide to attend NYU.
@Chopinspiano Congrats to you too! It must feel great to finally commit to a school. I can’t wait until I receive the rest of my college decisions (3 more) and financial aid packages so I can make up my mind where I’ll attend and be done with it lol!

@ThatPeprika I’m still waiting on Wake Forest and my financial aid packages from other colleges but oh well lmao.

For this who posted recently, what were your stats?