African-American High School Class of 2016

<p>@PoisonIvy20‌ @Slytherclaw12‌ Alright then, we have to start a conversation. Hopefully we’ll get others’ attention and the thread will continue and grow.</p>

<p>What classes are you taking this year? I’m in 4 APs, (yikess) This is actually a lot for my school. </p>

<p>@PoisonIvy20‌ I’m only taking two AP’s (Lang and USH) because I didn’t want to stress myself out in subjects that I’m not my strongest at. Other than that the all are honors unless otherwise stated: Newspaper, Calculus, Physics, and Sociology (AICE). What about you @Slytherclaw12‌ ?</p>

<p>New to this thread, I’m a long time member of CC and wanted to share this with the AA2016 thread! </p>

<p>Not sure if you all have read the book called The Pact. A must read!! A story of 3 poor black Newark, NJ teens (Sampson Davis, George Jenkins & Rameck Hunt) who beat the odds. An incredibly powerful story! </p>

<p>There is a documentary of their lives on Netflix, called The Pact. There are also countless You Tube Videos posted of their past speeches. Here are a few of the You Tube videos. I wanted to share. </p>

<p><a href=“MLK Symposium: The Three Doctors - YouTube”>MLK Symposium: The Three Doctors - YouTube; </p>

<p><a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube;

<p><a href=“OneBook Discussion of The Pact with author Dr. Rameck Hunt - YouTube”>OneBook Discussion of The Pact with author Dr. Rameck Hunt - YouTube;

<p>Their website is Thethreedoctors(dot)com</p>

<p>They are also on FB.</p>

<p>Good luck with your classes, push yourselves and work hard! It does pay off!! My DD is a freshman at Yale and is having the time of her life. Yes, dreams do come true…you just have to work hard & live above the nonsense around you!!</p>

Can we revive this thread haha

Yess this thread needs to be brought back to life!!!

Hey! So I’m been lurking for a while,so this is my 1st time posting ;;).so didn’t anybody pick out their senior classes or find good summer programs/internships???

bringbackthethread

I got an unpaid internship at a bio-lab at a local university! I’m 100% sure about my senior classes, but this is probably what will end up happenening:
AP French
AP Calculus BC
AP Micro/AP Gov’t (half sem each)
AP European History
AP 3D Art
AP Comparative Politics(not sure tho)
AP Biology
@GeekBeauty‌

@GeekBeauty‌ haha I like #bringbackthethread

Already got rejected from one summer program and I’m waiting on two more. I’m also going to ask my neighbor if I can shadow him (neurologist) and probably volunteer at a theatre camp. Lol I might apply for a job at Tropical Smoothie as well, who knows!

bringbackthethread

I applied for an internship program run by my school and got my second choice company (which I actually didn’t want) so that’s out of the picture for this summer :’( Other than that I’m waiting to hear back from a VA Governor’s School Summer Program which is sooooo much cheaper than a regular summer program at a college or university. My original plan was to apply for the UMD Young Scholars Program but, alas, I don’t have the money

But yeah #bringbackthethread I wanna get to know you guys :smiley:

I got an internship at a bio lab, but I’m not sure if I’ll have the time with my nonprofit. What are your top schools?

@YoAdriaaaaan‌ Which subject? I applied for the spanish program so I’m waiting to hear back from that.

@Gatortristan‌ I’d say UVA, Duke, UPenn, Yale, Vanderbilt, Dartmouth (maybe Princeton or Brown) lol I need to cut down my reaches.

@Gatortristan‌ that awesome! I recently grad from a local tech program and got a paid 3 month internship.i still need a good summer program this year(I worked the past 2 summers).

I had to re figure out my senior classes.will post later(I’m suppose to b taking bio notes for test on fri) :-"

@Slytherclaw12‌ Most of the colleges I’m applying to are reaches. I have UF as a match and FSU/UCF as a safety. Probably ED to Cornell/UPenn once I visit both and if all goes well I’ll be done. Besides that my top choices are princeton, brown, Duke and Vanderbilt. And my cousin got into Penn last year with a 3.3 uw so theres hope!(granted she’s almost an olympic skater)

@GeekBeauty‌ Oh dang I’m on spring break this week but it sucks because I have dual enrollment class D:

@Slytherclaw12‌ thank u!
Aw tht sucks,but there still hope right?

bringbackthethread

Hopefully we’ll have another kwasi. #bringbackthethread

Whoops forgot to mention Georgetown! I’m in state in Virginia and we have such great state schools, so my philosophy is if I go OOS, it better be for a top school.

@Gatortristan‌ my spring break doesn’t start til Friday.At least you have this thread right! :D.no pain no reach schools.

Senior classes 2.0
Spanish 2
Ap euro history
(H)anatomy/physiology/(h) microbio & generics (.5 each)
Ap art studio
(H) ap lit comp.
(H)buss. Econ
Entrenurship-marketing

I’m also during some online classes starting over spring break
Ap bio
Socialolgy
Art history
Adv.english lit
Questioning the following:
Ap psych
Clothing fash. Fundamentals