African-American HS Class of 2020

@Sarrip that is amazing! Congrats ???

Congratulations @Sarrip How to decide?

Waitlisted at Harvard and Yale, and into Penn, Duke, Berkeley and Northwestern

@havingfunyet - I have no idea…We are just letting it marinate, plus all of the financials are not in yet.

Hi (I’m an African American female) I’ve been lurking but almost all my results are done with anyways, over this app period I got into XULA, Spelman, some local universities, Umich, Harvard, Yale, and Columbia

Congratulations @goneaway ! Wow!!

@Sarrip Incredible!! The village is so proud!!

That is FANTASTIC, @Sarrip !!! Congratulations … or does this just make the final decision more difficult?

@goneaway and @collegeready33 Congratulations on all your admissions success!!

@havingfunyet @crimsonmom2019 thank you!! :smile:

@EconPop - Honestly, we were hoping for just maybe one but was bracing ourselves for none. This entire ride was more than we ever expected but we are so grateful. I actually am truly overwhelmed and actually broke down. Yes, this is going to make things so hard. We are just taking it in right now. Maybe next week we will start to sort things out and do the eliminations which we have been pretty sure about so far.

@crimsonmom2019 - Thank you so much. The village is the first place that I thought to come after I gathered myself. So grateful for you guys and your support.

OMG @Sarrip That is amazing!!! Unbelievably amazing!!! Congratulations to your daughter and your family. You have quite the decision ahead of you. Of course you can’t go wrong.

@Sarrip, outstanding, outrageous, and, amazing results for your DD!!! Now the real fun begins for her?

@ChangeTheGame - What you said…Was a very emotional night. We are just going to go to sleep until next week :smile: . Thank God that we have time to soak this in.

Congratulations to all in amazing acceptances. D got her last one today, accepted to Vassar. Vassar was the first school we toured together which seems like years ago!

Final choice between Vassar and Middlebury. Curious to see where she decides!

If anyone has questions, I went to Swarthmore and S went to Amherst College.

Good luck to all!

There have been so many amazing acceptances tonight. I am sorry I can’t congratulate each one personally. You are all so amazing. Wishing you all the best wherever you decide to go.

I just want to say that I just caught up reading everything posted tonight and the Black excellence on this thread is inspirational. Congratulations @collegeready33, @goneaway, @GarnetTide, and @Sarrip again. Just amazing.

@GarnetTide - Congratulations to your daughter! That is amazing and so exciting. I may hit you up because DD was accepted to Swarthmore last week as well.

@goneaway - Welcome and Congratulations on a great accomplishment. Amazing!

@collegeready33 - Congratulations!!! I’m so excited for you! You did Great!

@Sarrip CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thank you for sharing your DD amazing accomplishments and considering this thread a safe space. It has been truly refreshing to read and share all the amazing things our children have done.

@Sarrip Our school hasn’t canceled our final dance show, but I’m not optimistic. To keep DD’s spirits up, I cleared my dining room table and laid out all of her dance trophies, her First Holy communion attire, a couple of science projects from elementary and middle school, and all her college acceptance letters. A few times a day I like to just go in there, look at everything and remember all the wonderful things DD has done that got her to where she is. It’s also been a way of preparing myself for her leaving ?

Congratulations to all the wonderful parents!!!