African-American HS Class of 2020

@ChangeTheGame I’ll be committing to Harvard this week!

Outstanding @goneaway!!! Congratulations on having so many great options and choosing Harvard.

@goneaway - Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!! If you don’t mind me asking, what the deciding factor was. DD20 is wrestling through her decisions right now and I was curious as to whether there was something else to consider and it was been many, many decades for me.

@goneaway Congratulations!!! A biased perspective here for sure but you’ve made an outstanding choice!! :wink:

@goneaway Congratulations!!! That is wonderful.

Congratulations @goneaway!!! All the best on this next phase of your journey!

@goneaway congrats on your decision

Hey Family!!! Daughter committed to Princeton today! We are all very excited. It’s a win-win all around. Close to home but far enough away. Great education, we can waive the health insurance because we are in state, she can catch public transportation home or to NY to brother and she can walk right out the gates and walk through town which is extremely safe. I believe it was just yesterday that I thought we were going up to May 1st but teens are unpredictable.

Yay!!! Congratulations @Sarrip!! So excited for you all…

Congrats to all the families. Amazing!
My daughter was deciding between university of Michigan and Emory and she has decided for Emory.
We’re really excited for her. Now we’re hoping she can start in the fall.

About the insurance I have learned you can require away from home insurance so your student can be covered with your current insurance on another state. It takes a couple of weeks to file the paperwork.

@Sarrip Congratulations!!! So happy for you and your DD!!! Now, let’s all pray for a traditional Fall semester!!!

@Sarrip congratulations! ? So nice to read all the wonderful updates here.

Just caught up on all the fantastic news here. Congratulations to all students, as well as to the parents who were a huge part of their success!

@Holayetsf - Thanks, we spoke to our insurance company and they informed us that Rhode Island one of the “not integrated states”. We would have to use the ‘not in network’ benefits after satisfying the deductible and then get reimbursed at 20% for all medical needs. For us that was too unpredictable. We have great insurance instate which covers everything without a need for referrals so this works perfectly.

@Sarrip Congratulations!!! I was rooting for Princeton. It made the most sense to me. After spending the last four years away at boarding school so far away, it will be great to have her close to home.

@holychild - Thank you!! It made the most sense to me also but I wanted her to say it. I have to say that her eyes did get a little misty last night when she told me and I asked her what it was all about. She told me that she’s happy to go to Princeton but it’s about letting go of Brown. Today though, she declined the other schools and was fully immersed in being a Tiger. I am ecstatic!

@Sarrip my daughter felt the same way of letting go of Brown too. She loved the campus, curriculum design and culture. It took us awhile to narrow down from our original list of U Chicago, Barnard, Brown and American. In the end it was down to Brown and American for her and even though she is happy with her choice, I see her holding onto some of the college gear from her top four and reflecting. I feel for your daughter in this emotional roller coaster of so many choices but Princeton is such a fantastic school. With all of her amazing choices she couldn’t pick a bad choice. Kudos to you @Sarrip for being such a great mama and so supportive of all of us on this thread.

@Holayetsf congratulations on your daughter choosing Emory. What a fantastic school. My neighbor’s daughter is graduating this year from Emory and will be starting her new job with a local hospital in our area.

@goneaway as an alum I have nothing but kudos to send your way. Congratulations and welcome to the Harvard family!