African-American HS Class of 2021

@Sirvie627- congratulations! My son was also accepted into @Fordham business school today.

11 Likes

Congratulations on all of the acceptances so far!!! It really is an exciting time. My oldest was in this position last year and I was more anxious than she was. I still keep up with all this college stuff in hopes of learning anything new for my second kid who will be in this spot 2 years from now.

5 Likes

Congratulations @HopefullyUNC2025 ! :partying_face:

2 Likes

That is awesome!! Congrats!!

1 Like

Congrats!!

Such great news! Congrats!

1 Like

OMG! My son just got into Tulane. We are so excited.

11 Likes

Congratulations to your daughter!! :tada:

Congrats, @HopefullyUNC2025! :tada:

2 Likes

Congrats to your son, @Sirvie627 !

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone!! This is so exciting! I have a 2028 so we have time but her mentor was just accepted in Yale!!! We are very much excited when its my child’s turn in a few years! I love seeing the acceptances!

6 Likes

Hi all - new to the forums, but wanted to pop in and congratulate all that I’ve acceptances! My son just got accepted into SCAD & Pratt early decision…still waiting to hear back from Howard & Parsons. Anyone know of any updates on Howard?

9 Likes

Son is also in at Providence with a 20K Scholarship. He is having quite a week.
Next up is Case on Tuesday night. Only gets more difficult from here. Mostly reaches left.
The Tulane admission gives me hope that he might get into a couple of his reaches.

7 Likes

So excited that my son received the Morrill Scholarship from Ohio State University today! He was accepted into mechanical engineering and the scholarship is for full OOS tuition ($33,500/yr). He was also accepted to Penn State yesterday. He’s still waiting to hear from a few others, but really happy with the options he has so far.

14 Likes

@TheRyllest we are also waiting on Howard. Based on that chat, decisions may come out tonight at or after midnight. I don’t know why this particular time…also read some may get released next week.

2 Likes

Wow! Congratulations.

1 Like

@kim1118 That is amazing!! Congratulations!!

2 Likes

@Sirvie627 Is Case Western high on your son’s list?
My son is also applying… i’d say it’s in his top 5 (without a particular order).

@svetoy I would say also in the top
5, but it’s strange because he tried an experiment with test scores. He only had a 27 ACT, but the rest of his application was very strong. So most schools he applied test optional. However he did send his scores to Case and Skidmore. So i’m not sure if that will affect his chances.
Ideally Case would be great as we live in Pittsburgh, but I kind of feel like he wants to go to Tulane. He wasn’t expecting it at all and now he is so pumped.

1 Like

Tulane seems wonderful. CONGRATS!!!
My son was considering applying to Tulane until we learned that major scholarships are limited to EAs and he decided to apply to a college SCEA.
We had an amazing opportunity to visit New Orleans in 2019 and our son felt like he could spend 4 years there. Generally, however, he’s not interested in the South.

2 Likes