African American stats at top schools

I have 2050 sat score, 4.5(freshman year messed me up, pretty good ecs, various awards, and a paid internship. Next year I’ll be applying to colleges and I was wondering about the African Americans that got into top universities (UNC - Harvard). So what schools did you get into and what were your sat scores, GPA, and how were your EC’s. By the way I’m in state so what are my chances of getting into chap?

The average SAT score for African Americans in the Harvard University class of 2017 is approx. 2100. I don’t know the data for the class of 2018.

I like that Harvard is transparent enough to post this sort of information. I know they must have been the subject of a lot of anti-affirmative action backlash. It is clear that every top school has an average score by race, so when they evaluate applicants they know that they want students around that average. I couldn’t find this info online for the other ivies but I guess you can use the 2100 as an average for top schools.

Source: http://features.thecrimson.com/2013/frosh-survey/admissions.html

My D scored 2250
Accepted to Penn
Many, many ECs, lots of leadership and awards.
Participated in sports
Many academic achievements
Ranked in top 1% of class
Very excellent recommendation letters - she knew everyone and was known by everyone.

It was all natural, not a robotic, formulaic and strategic building of a resume. This is who she is which made it all flow. Not sure what to say but doing your best and being the best you can be will present opportunities that are right for each person.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/african-american-students/1540284-prior-years-college-admission-results-for-aa-students.html#latest

My son is a sophomore at Yale.

His stats were:

ACT:32. M34 R33 W33 S29
GPA: 3.96(uw) 5.0 (w)
Top 3% of Class of ~600
5 AP classes - No APs offered freshman and sophomore year.
All of my sons’s ECs were music related (composition, voice and classical piano). I would say that he was a very spiky candidate.
Local, regional, state and national music awards. Was featured on From the Top after his acceptance at Yale.
No leadership positions as it really wasn’t/isn’t his thing.
Volunteer hours were also music related, but volunteering really isn’t strongly considered at Yale.
One of his LORs was incredible. It encapsulated him as a student and as a person. The other was fairly formulaic.

After my son was accepted at Yale SCEA, he didn’t complete any other applications. He had already completed his Amherst and Rice application prior to his Yale acceptance. He was accepted at both of those schools as well.

Also, my son applied to Questbridge and was not selected as a finalist.

My D is a freshman at Penn. 2150 SAT, 2 subject tests over 700, 8 AP classes, tons of leadership and great recs.