African Americans in Architecture/Art ?

<p>I have noticed from viewing forums here and all throughout this website, that there seems to never be any African-Americans looking to study architecture or Art. I myself am very passionate about architecture or possibly graphic design as a possible career path, but it seems to me there is only a small amount of minorities in art-related majors.
I
So my question is, is there a high demand for African-Americans in architecture, or any art-related major? I hope to some day attend the school of architecture at Cornell or Rice.</p>

<p>:) Thanks for your help, Grantl345</p>

<p>Anyone? 10char</p>

<p>Well when I attended U-Mich (in the dark ages), I knew a few Black students in the architecture program. They are quite successful now, some with their own firms.</p>

<p>I think the question is not is there a demand for Blacks in architecture or art, but rather what is the demand for quality architects and artists.</p>

<p>If this is what you want, then by all means pursue it.</p>

<p>Good luck to you!!</p>

<p>My (black, if it’s not obvi) sister was really considering Syracuse a year and a half ago and they sent her letters and email persuading her to declare architecture as her major, and offering an FA incentive. I remember it being about them not having enough minorities in the program.</p>