After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@HowdyVal you should let someone know, we did. Truly our official campus tour was awful. It was so lackluster, just plain boring, and definitely not informative. A huge weak link.
Go to a game or two over the break-maybe even spend the night at campus hotel (that way you literally walk to Reed, see Kyle Field at night, experience campus in a different way). Basketball games are a lot of fun!

1 Like

DD got her 7 tabs and acceptance letter in AIS today! My husband and I are both Aggies and her 2 older brothers are in the PPA program at A&M. She was calm waiting, but I was not! LOL
Major: Education
Class Rank: 10.6%
SAT:1170 (Took it once and couldn’t convince her to take it again!)
GPA: 98
Tons of leadership and EC: Dance Team 4 years, President of HS Dance Team, Student Council, NHS, Mentoring Program,Class Rep, ASL Honor Society, Young Life, lots of volunteer hours and applicable work experience, studio dance.
She is very excited to become an Aggie!

4 Likes

Daughter got admitted today:
1st Quarter
Civil Engineering
4.622 weighted GPA
30 ACT
Lots of service hours with NCL, varsity softball all 4 years, NHS

100% Committed to Aggieland

4 Likes

@tanya2323232 thats great! We were in NCL, too!
Just making sure you’re aware everyone starts out General Engineering, then goes thru the ETAM process to get to their specific major. It’s surprising how many aren’t aware.

1 Like

Not that it’s really relevant, but the school that has called him twice is not a lower tier school
.it is a Tier One university. I doubt they are struggling to get kids to accept.

1 Like

Huge congrats to her and all who are admitted!!!

1 Like

Sorry. I was referring to another very good Tier 1 university that calls everyone. My child went elsewhere but was annoyed by the phone calls.

Go into the howdy portal, not AIS and look for the link for on campus housing. Click that and login and complete phase 1. If it doesn’t let you just keep trying every day until it does. It worked for us a day or two after getting the 7 tabs and then later that same day she got the official acceptance.

DS applied 8/15
1st Viz 2nd Computing
1st quartile (15%)
5.02 weighted GPA
SAT 1340 Math 710 Reading 630
EC: 4 years Band, Boy Scout with leadership working on Eagle, active in church and mission work, summer volunteer intern at Moody Gardens
12/3 Admitted to BA Computing in engineering

2 Likes

Whoop! DS admitted to TAMU Engineering 12/3.
1st quarter (20 percent)
1420 SAT
3.72 unweighted gpa
4 years band and golf
all sorts of volunteer hours.

When he took the tour, and walked inside Zachry and saw some students
he stated “These are my people!”

6 Likes

Howdy!
DS submitted application on or about September 23rd; first choice Computer Engineering, second choice Computer Science.
We didn’t know to look on AIS for a major change, so I can’t say when it changed to General Engineering.
Admitted December 3rd to General Engineering. (Apparently, he received an email early, early a.m., and I saw a post rejoicing a student’s seven tabs a bit before 8 a.m., so I logged in to complete phase 1 and put down a dorm deposit.)
He attends a non-ranking high school, Liberal Arts and Science Academy, and TAMU placed him in the second quarter.
Due to the high school’s classes, he’s taken mostly AP and Honors. They don’t do DC. We think his taking Diff Eq this year may have helped TAMU let him in.
SAT, taken only once, 1360; 680 for both math and EBRW. He was happy with it.
GPA - 3.71 (last year during lock down was not kind to him)
Member of NHS (admitted end of sophomore year), no leadership. Logged an adequate number of service hours.
Member of HS’s Swim/Dive team all four years; Captain two years (topic of one of the essays).
Eagle Scout - leadership: Den Chief (two years) and Instructor (four years). Many service hours for sponsoring Church, Central Texas Food Bank, Austin Parks and Rec. and various Eagle projects, including his own (built picnic benches for the Austin Zoo [more of an animal rescue than a zoo]). (topic of his Essay A - growing, becoming a leader, responsibility, etc.). Also, elected to Order of the Arrow (scouting honor society) by troopmates.

He and his dad, Class of '94, were blown away during our Zachry tour. I can’t imagine any other University coming close to TAMU’s facilities, although we’re flying up to Missouri for a visit to S&T in two weeks.

P.S. Wow! This was longer than I thought it would be. Sorry!

5 Likes

It’s perfect. Thank you for the intel! His ECs are fantastic as is his score. Congrats. Hope he chooses Tamu.

1 Like

Thank you, @ChristiR93. We hope so, too, and are cautiously confident he will.

P.S. His middle name is Zachary (not a coincidence). :rofl:

3 Likes

Daughter admitted to TAMU
Applied 10/9, all documentation submitted by 10/15
Class Rank ~30%
GPA 3.33 UW/3.91 W
All AP courses (no academic)
VP of club Sophomore year
1 extra-curricular
33 on ACT, including 10 on Writing portion
Admitted on or around 12/4 (that’s when she checked the Howdy portal and got the good news).

Waiting to hear from one more school (reach school) before deciding. But she did pay the housing deposit.

2 Likes

Congrats. What major?.. assuming engineering since you referenced 10/15

Psychology, B.S.

My engineer husband wanted her to go engineering but she flat out refused :joy:

One of my besties is an advisor in Psych. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any issues!

Congrats again!

Thanks so much!

Following several months of anxiously waiting and not having received yet the official “WOOPS YOU’RE ADMITTED” notification in Howdy, but having the 7 tabs as of last Friday and having the housing portal opened today, we consider the admission a done deal.

Hereby I want to share the stats of my son:

International student from The Netherlands
When did you apply: Aug 3
Class Rank: High School in The Netherlands doesn’t rank (but AIS ranked him First Quarter)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1370 (680 EBRW- 690 Math)
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet (Dec 3 7 tabs)
Are you an Auto-admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Business Admin (Mays), 2nd Applied Mathematical Sciences (Science)
Major at AIS has been changed into Applied Math Science (Mays was most likely full)

Good luck to all people still waiting, hang in there and stay positive.

5 Likes

Can ya’ll tell me how long it took to get the actual letter in the mail? I see my son was accepted and he doesn’t know
.I am so excited but want him to find out from the actual acceptance letter. This might kill me!!! He was accepted at 4am on 12/3.