After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Yes, this is correct. And only 10-15ish are admitted during the 2nd round, @Mha6514.

Thank you.

1 Like

I think it was drastically lower than that starting last year

https://mays.tamu.edu/bba-business-honors/what-we-look-for/

1 Like

@OKCpatho are you talking about the freshman that were admitted to BH during their spring semester (so, current sophomores)? Itā€™s usually 10ish, + or -. My daughter is a Jr BHer, so I never heard how many they took for that particular class.
BH is extremely competitive, difficult to get intoā€¦even more so then what is described online.

A USPS letter from Mays came today.

1 Like

And

1 Like

D is not home to open!

Oh heck no lol. Iā€™d be opening that. Jk but I would at least call her ask her.

A letter, not a package.

Does it get easier with the anticipation? She is our firstborn.

Nope lol

@Mha6514 a letter means she did not get into BH; a packet is for acceptance.
She still got into Mays, which is greatā€¼ļø

ā€¦:smiling_face_with_tear:ā€¦

Girl why ya wanna deliver that news???

I am sorryā€¦:confused:
Just trying to give @Mha6514 a heads up. There are soooo many other ways to get involved in Mays. Look up the organizations on Mays website.And she can apply again in December.

2 Likes

This link needs to be updated, but itā€™s a good overview of Mays orgs. I know of at least 2 new orgs that arenā€™t listed.

1 Like

TAMU National Scholar Question: Anyone know if the spring national scholar day experience is worth going to? We went to an overnight 2 day parent program during the summer. We did a fall national scholar event virtually. We are going to Aggieland Saturday and the LEAD Summit the day before and weā€™ve registered for NSC. Sounds like the main thing will be ā€œHear from various campus departments about getting involved and how to be successfulā€ but they will do that at NSC right? Trying to decide if it worth taking another day off school and work for. The event is 9-5 and we live 3 hours away. There are three available dates but they are all tuesdays.

The event is aimed at impressing seniors still havenā€™t decided. It has a small session going over how much scholarship you will have and resources the university offers. NSC is a more complete event.

1 Like

Do you mind telling me when you got the spring scholar day invitation? I got a flyer in the mail long ago with a timeline that says for January ā€œRSVP for our February or March National Scholar eventsā€ but I havenā€™t heard a word since.

It came via email yesterday. Check spam folder. If you donā€™t see it anywhere email the coordinator to register. Iā€™ll message you with the email address.