After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Ok thank you.

Itā€™s not in spam, my son definitely didnā€™t receive it. Iā€™m a little frustrated with their system. I emailed the contact you sent me (Crystal Riles) about this spring event way back in December. Thatā€™s when I received the ā€œNational Scholar Parentā€ mailer with a timeline of events. I emailed her asking if she could tell me the dates so we can plan to attend one. It took her 8 days to respond and this is what she said ā€œNational Scholar programs for the spring have not been advertised yet, as we are solidifying dates. Once that occurs and we begin to plan, invitations will go out, as they did this semesterā€. I just emailed her again to let her know we didnā€™t receive the invitation but Iā€™m not confident that I will get a response in time to actually sign up for one of the days. Iā€™m not sure that itā€™s worth taking a day off from school for an all day event but I feel like we will be missing out on information that will not be available to us unless we go.

• I stand corrected, I got an immediate response from Ms. Riles and itā€™s all taken care of *
2 Likes

Glad to hear it. I understand your concerns. Iā€™m glad she responded promptly and it is resolved!

My daughter cannot do Aggieland Saturday due to a dance conflict. She decided to do the Spring Scholars event more for the opportunity to meet other admitted students than for the information provided. But, she is curious, too, to see what info they share that is different than the summer Scholars day.

I could be wrong, but
I wouldnā€™t expect any new or different information than what you got if you went to the summer scholars day. My son wasnā€™t able to attend over the summer or in the fall, so has missed out! Fortunately, he will be able to attend a day in the spring!

1 Like

Yes, I told her the same. But, she still wants to be there. Sheā€™s still trying to decide 100%, but I think the culture fit for her at TAMU is great. She wants to see that again for herself. Iā€™m just ready for her to decide!

Glad your son can be there!

When should D sign up for NSC? Does it fill up quickly for Mays? How long should we wait?

@Mha6514 the earliest NSC sessions tend to fill up fastest. There will be certain sessions that are for Mays (not necessarily every session has Mays).
If you know for sure your kid is going to A&M, go ahead and book-NSC, hotel room. Get it on your calendar then plan the rest of your summer.
All sessions are FINE, but donā€™t wait for the August NSC-too hectic, conflicts with Fish Camp, Impact and just too much to do all at the same time.

1 Like

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Is NSC also the time to sign up for classes?

She hasnā€™t made her decision yet.

Yes, thatā€™s what NSC is-registration. It is ā€˜committingā€™ to A&M.

1 Like

My son just logged into the financial aid portal. It says itā€™s down for award updates. Crossing our fingers for a scholarship. So far, heā€™s gotten zero aid. :grimacing::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

@Desertpalm11 just logged into Parent Howdy, this is what it says. :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Does someone have a list of NSC dates? My DS hasnā€™t made a decision yet but Iā€™m thinking it will be TAMU. We are going this week for more tours.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Not every major is offered at each NSC. Have him search on Howdy portal, to see if he can view the dates offered for his admitted major.

1 Like

this link takes you to the dates and if you click on the dates, it will show the majors for those dates.

https://newaggie.tamu.edu/freshmen/nscdates/

3 Likes

ā€œAcademic Year 2022-2023 is currently unavailable in the Financial Aid Portal as we begin Fall 2022 incoming Freshman awarding. This academic year should be made available no later than 5pm CST Tuesday, February 1.ā€
:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

This. It is important to check NSC dates for major. My daughterā€™s choices are limited!

2 Likes