After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Is that Fixed or Variable? Surely you don’t have to chose that now? Most ppl wait and chose that right before New Student Conference.
Has her official acceptance come out yet?

1 Like

It doesn’t say when you have to do it. It just has an alert and says you have one action item in your howdy checklist, one hold, one registration notice and when I click it, it says to choose the fixed rate or variable rate for tuition. Probably just have to do it before registration because it says you are blocked from registration until you choose one tuition rate. It still says application complete and in review. 6 tabs.

1 Like

No rush! Take your time and research it. There will be lots of chatter on Parent Pages about Fixed vs Variable.

1 Like

Hello, once acceptance emails go out, I understand housing is important next step. What about Parking? I understand some of the lots fill quickly. When and how does that work? Thanks for your help!

Parking doesn’t open up until summer.

2 Likes

Opens up later and as freshman, unless you live on campus, you will get Lot 100 most likely. Seniors get first priority as do renewed permits. Parking garages are pricey but typically have opening if you apply when they permit registration opens.

If you’re in a dorm, they do their best to get you in a lot near your dorm but it’s not guaranteed you’ll get it (at least hasn’t been).

1 Like

Quick question. What does “6 tabs” mean?

6 tabs means everything is complete, your acceptance should be coming shortly…so be ready! The 6 tabs will appear on Howdy portal (example photo shown below)

3 Likes

My son applied 8/6/2021. All documents in by 8/18/2021. Has been under review for weeks. Judt checked today and 6 tabs- 9/22/2021. May have been 6 tabs for days as we have been only checking AIS.

5 Likes

Phase 1 of housing is open! We have a date for phase 2.

Still no official announcement in AIS though.

3 Likes

Did Housing just open up this morning?

Yes, today was the first day it didn’t have the log in error.

1 Like

How does Housing work? We go into Howdy and do what exactly? Thank you!

1 Like

I clicked under applicant, housing, scrolled to the myhousing portal and then followed the steps until I paid and got the date for phase 2.

1 Like

@nathaley I’m going to send you a message

Done! Thank you! We completed phase 1 for housing!

2 Likes

By the way everyone… make sure to keep going till phase one is complete and it takes you to the start of phase 2. I almost stopped after I paid and received confirmation of payment but there were several more steps after that to complete phase 1 fully.

4 Likes

Yes, we preach this every year, but yet there’s always a few that stop short!

3 Likes

If you are able to access Housing, there is most likely a change in the status in the Howdy portal, under Manage Applications. Click on that link – my daughter’s status now states, Whoop, You Have Been Admitted" as of this morning. It still says “Received and Under Review” in AIS, but in Howdy, she got the Whoop! And the housing portal opened at the same time! We are making progress!! When I talked to someone in housing this morning, she said it will only open and become accessible once a student has been officially accepted.

4 Likes

Just checked howdy. My daughters still says in review. But we did phase 1 housing this morning. She is auto admit.