After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

Did DD accept and register? It had 100 spots but they are filled now. Yes, it is for accepted students in target groups for diversity. It is sponsored by the Black Student Network and Hispanic student Network to support multicultural student success at A&M. It is a nice lead in to Aggieland. It is activities on Friday and a catered dinner with current students, faculty, and administration. They provide a hotel for friday night and then they have a hospitality room set up for lunch for a break from the crowds during Aggieland. We went to a program they offered in the summer and she left with a $500 scholarship. So we try to go to any of their events!

She did :slight_smile: I just went back and looked at the email and her invite was 2/25-2/26 not the same as yours before Aggieland weekend. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Schedule of activities and swag varies for each event. But we found the summer one worthwhile and Iā€™m sure this one will be too. Hope your daughter enjoys it too! I should mention not everyone got a scholarship, so donā€™t expect one! There were a dozen students at the summer program and they had a drawing for 2 scholarships. My daughter was one of the two winners.

1 Like

That is so cool that she walked away with a scholarship. We will have low expectations here but I guess we will go ahead and fill out the rest of the paperwork and get the day off approved by her school :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hereā€™s an update as to what AO at Galveston said: They said that the housing application wonā€™t be open till after NSC and that all those that enroll will receive an email either right before or after NSC regarding housing.

Thatā€™s scary to wait so long. What did they say about only having 2 listed on your portal vs the 4 on the website?

Ya I agree Iā€™m kind of scared about waiting so long but in a way itā€™s good because I havenā€™t seen many people admitted to Galveston yet to room with. All they said was that those 2 are all theyā€™re offering right now but to call back if I have any other questions. Iā€™m not exactly sure what to do at the point since my admitted letter told me to fill out the housing application right away as itā€™s first come first serve. Although I didnā€™t really receive an answer as to why everything else including dining and campus show as CSTAT still.

1 Like

We went on a tour at Galveston. All freshmen and maybe even all students are required to live on campus so they will surely have a dorm for you. Also we saw the dorms and they were new and nice. I think all freshman are in those new dorms.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear, thank you so much!!

Did anyone get their appointment time for phase 3 housing? I thought that the times were going to be released in January but my twins have not heard anything yet

Phase 3 is usually in March. Someone asked this on FB Aggie Parents the other dayā€¦it is too early for Phase 3. (Phase 3 is matching with roomies, being able to look at potential roomie profiles, etc)

2 Likes

At then of phase II, it said that we would receive an email in January with a phase III date ā€“ I just looked at the housing portal again. I am wondering if it went into their junk email or if it has been delayed.

Must be delayed, or a typo. With holistic/WaitList/TEAM admissions still going out, itā€™s just too soon. Itā€™s usually March.
Join the 2 parent FB pages and info will be posted.
And dorms are guaranteed until March 1 (or maybe the 5th?), so they normally donā€™t open up the profile portal until then.

1 Like

Thanks - there are so many A&M fb pages between my twins, my Galveston A&M kid and A&M football ticket pages - it is hard to keep track!!

I hear ya. Definitely join a major specific page, if there is one for your CS Aggies, and join/follow their class specific pages, too. My news feed is flooded with A&Mā€¦and Iā€™m not even an Aggie! But thatā€™s where youā€™re going to learn about everything.
And yes, we have season :football: tixā€¦but I let my Aggie husband handle that.

Wow - I am impressed with the dedication from a non Aggie - We have had season tickets since the early 90ā€™s - If I let my husband do our season tickets he would spend too much! We are going from 4 to 2 next year and he is already spending that money on seat upgrades and an away game!! (No brainwashing in our house - haha) Gigā€™Em!!!

1 Like

Haha, if I didnā€™t join/follow all the pages, I wouldnā€™t know anything!
Hub and I looked at seat renewal last night; keeping our same 3 seats (All American Club South). I cringe at the ā€˜donationā€™ and overall price, BUT itā€™s his one ā€˜thingā€™ā€™. He doesnā€™t hunt, literally works 24/7, and Aggie Football is his outlet. Heā€™s going regardless, so Iā€™d better tag along if I want to see himšŸ˜‚ Thankfully weā€™re only an hour away.
And I can use those game weekends as leverage, if thereā€™s ever anything I really want to došŸ˜‰

2 Likes

I submitted my housing app(phase 1) about a week ago with my top choice as Appelt. Is there a chance I get my top choice even though I submitted this late? Also, my roommate applied a few months ago for the same choices, would that help my chances of getting one of my choices?

We put our phase 1 housing deposit in Dec. My kid is now accepted to their ED school. We would be retracting our application to A&M but is there anything else we need to do about cancelling housing?

Your housing selection is irrelevant until you actually select dorm rooms in May. Your roomie will have a better time slot than you so heā€™ll ā€œpullā€ you up with him.

Modular dorms are popular and going in as a pair is harder than going in single to find an open room. Definitely have a shot but know your back up choices ahead of time. The selection process is super quick and rooms disappear in the blink of an eye

The only reason they ask for dorm choices is to gauge interest. It holds no value til the end.

1 Like