After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

@e2e definitely ask them specifically about Aston, because half has been renovated, the other not. Covid hit and messed up the remaining reno. Ask specifically if the non renovated part of Aston is LLC, and ask if your son can chose which dorm at least. Tour guide most likely won’t be able to answer LLC questions, but they should at least know about reno timeline for Aston.
Have fun at Aggieland Saturday! Don’t feel like you need to do everything, as most will be repeated during NSC. Hit up dorm tour, maybe an Engineering session and just walk around the rest of the time. Trust me, you’ll learn it all during NSC.

How exciting!!! Thank you for all the tips :blush: Unfortunately tomorrow’s weather in College Station calls for rain so it’s good to know we don’t need to try and fit everything in one visit.

1 Like

I PROMISE it’ll all be repeated during NSC, you won’t be missing out.

1 Like

@e2e , my daughter did Phase 2 housing on Oct. 7, and on Nov. 4 she received the ResLife email confirming her reserved spot in the EV@C LLC (either Mosher or Aston). It’s nice that you got confirmation right away. While I understand that she can search/match with a roommate in Phase 3, I’m not entirely clear if she can pick her own room in the EV@C LLC in Phase 4 or if it’s assigned.

The sentence on the Engineering LLC web page makes me wonder: “Following this specific time period, students will be assigned a room with their requested roommate within the block of rooms designated for the Living Learning Community.” I’ve been meaning to find out (either my daughter emails ResLife or my wife searches FB), but if you find out this weekend, please report back.

If you want to tour a modular, you’ll need to go to Northside to do that. The Southside housing tour will only walk you through a Commons dorm. If you sit through the housing presentation on Southside (meeting room in the Commons), you don’t need to sit through another presentation on Northside. Just walk straight to the Northside dorms you want to see – Hullabaloo, Modular, Balcony, Ramp. There’ll be a ResLife staffer at the door to let you in each dorm.

We learned this the hard way. We were jogging across campus from Zachry after the Engineering college fair (give yourself plenty of time to visit all the department/organization tables) to try to make it to the last Northside Housing meeting. We missed it by a couple of minutes and it was full, but they told us we didn’t need to sit on it to visit the Northside dorms. Actually, it was better that way – while people were watching a housing presentation, we visited the dorms with hardly any lines. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We did a housing tour last summer but I want to do it again since touring as a prospective student/parent will be way different than as an admitted student. I will definitely report back any findings from tomorrow’s visit.

No worries! The only email they gave is one to send questions for the panel to answer during the discussion but not to reach out. I’ll try to email regardless though, thanks for the suggestion!

Engineering LLCs are in the commons, correct?

Correct. EV@C LLC details here.

That’s what I thought, but then people on here were discussing getting in the llc because modulars fill up, even on southside… so I was like… what did I miss? lol

Thanks for the link. Hoping everyone does their due diligence!

Howdy. What is 6 tabs and what does it mean if you’re asked to download duo app. Application submitted in Sept. excruciating! Thank you!

We are at the LEAD summit and my daughter just received an additional $2500 scholarship! She was one of 10 students who left with a $2500 scholarship tonight!

10 Likes

CONGRATS!! That’s awesome! Hope y’all are having a great time :slight_smile:

1 Like

@momag98 Make sure to stay till the end! They did the drawings at the very end of the event and said they will be doing these scholarship drawings at all three of the LEAD summit events this semester.

2 Likes

Holy cow, that’s awesome!!!

1 Like

I asked one of the students about the email we got saying we have “a spot reserved in the either Mosher or Aston” and she said that that would mean we wouldn’t have to go through the hunger games of the housing process but that we should confirm with the housing office. She showed me on the map but it was raining hard (and then subsequently turned to snow) so I thought I’d just follow up with them next week with either a call or an email.

On another note, I asked our south side tour guide about the renovations in Aston and she said that “if all goes according to plan, the rest of Aston renovations is slated to be completed over the summer and ready for August move in. So fingers crossed that Aston will all be done in time for our kiddos to move in. The only commons hall style dorm that has not been renovated is Dunn. Krueger and Mosher are completely done; Aston partially and Dunn is slated for 2024 renovations. Hope that helps.

4 Likes

At a department information session (visualization) today at Aggieland, the presenter straight up advised students to not take calculus at A&M and to take it at a CC (or take the AP credit) due to the low pass rate at A&M. :sob: I mean this isn’t the first time I’ve heard this advice but I was surprised to hear it from a department head at A&M.

I’m sure this advice may not apply to other majors but majors for which it is the only and highest math course , it seems to be a pretty good strategy. Hearing her say it to everyone in a formal presentation pretty much solidified the choice to take the 151 AP credit (calc AB) and take 152 at CC. (She hasn’t taken BC calc)

So if you put down you were interested in LLC in phase 2, does that mean you are already locked into it? My daughter is thinking she may not want to do that anymore. Her phase 2 opens this week.

@KeetsMom LLC isn’t automatic or a given, most are very small, except for Engineering. Be pretty certain about decision tho, because in 2019 several that listed LLC decided they didn’t want in LLC afterall…and they got put at the tail end of dorm selection. It may have changed, but that definitely happened.

Ok thanks for the info!

1 Like

When ds put he wanted engineering Llc in phase 2 it said if you change your mind you need to email directly.

2 Likes