After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

My daughter was admitted in September and has been leaning heavily towards TAMU and after the LEAD Summit and Aggieland Saturday this weekend she is now fully committed and looking forward to being an Aggie. This was our second visit to TAMU. The VIZ department information session, VIZ building tour, and VIZ clubs provided her with the information and experience that she needed to make her decision. I have not bought any college swag from any of the four colleges she was admitted to because I was waiting till she was sure. Today we stopped at the Warehouse and bought swag for the whole family. I am now the proud owner of an Aggie Mom tshirt. :grin:

11 Likes

@martinezcs awesome!! So happy she fully committed to TAMU!
Have you joined the Viz Parents page?
We have a good friend, darling young lady, who will also be a freshman Viz student. Outstanding major/program!

1 Like

Yes! I am already on that page!

1 Like

Great! That’s where you’ll get all the insider Viz scoop & much needed help and details.

1 Like

Hello,
If you attended Mays Aggieland Saturday, would you please share information. What did we miss? Thank you so much.

@Mha6514 this doesn’t give you specifics about what was covered, but it’ll give you an idea of the sessions offered. Remember that Aggieland Saturday is primarily targeting potential students, not just those already admitted. You’ll learn everything you need to know at NSC, from Mays social media, Aggie Moms/Dads of Mays FB page.
I’ve got a ‘23 Mays student. Mays advisors are great! They’ll be super helpful during NSC.

1 Like

Thank you so much. You’re the best.

1 Like

@Mha6514 sure! Mays really IS great. Very rarely do you hear complaints, they take care of their students. Plenty of social media links & pages, and a very detailed website.

Is there a Gateway page for this year? I tried looking, but couldn’t find one yet.

No but we can start one!

1 Like

Thank you! There posts are so helpful. With this being my first kiddo going off to college, I need all the info I can get about Gateway and TAMU!:two_hearts:

@KeetsMom , regarding changing your mind about an LLC 
 my daughter just happened to log back into her housing application to review/tweak her personality profile (Phase 2) and she snagged this little bit of info:

If you later withdraw from the program, your housing assignment may be changed or this decision may impact your experience and timeline within the on-campus housing process.

So, it’s very possible that an LLC withdrawal might set you back in the housing queue (as @52AG82 said happened in 2019).

2 Likes

@NDTA96 yep, it sure will

Be VERY certain your kid wants to live in an LLC, or they go to the back of the line.

1 Like

Any advice on dorms? Hearing not great things about Dunn being dirty/gross and Mosher too?

the Commons aren’t the best, but I understand they either have been or being renovated. Maybe call res life to see when or if they are done.

Commons has a fun vibe/community. Just small rooms and 4 to a bathroom.

All of Dunn and half of Aston haven’t been renovated, all other dorms have been. ResLife website gives very specific details about when the dorm was built, when it was renovated, pricing (which varies greatly), type of bathroom, photos, etc. All dorms have the same furniture.
Taking a tour is super important, if you haven’t already. We took the tour 2x.

1 Like

Thx, daughter doing phase 2 and thinking about ranking dorms to have a plan when she gets her turn in April/may to pick. She has a friend she wants to room with so I’m setting their expectations that Modulars (their top choice) will be gone so they need to think of next choices all the way down with commons, balcony, ramp, etc in case all options aren’t available when it comes time to pick since they need an empty room with 2 spots.

That is definitely wise, if they’re just now doing Phase 2. They should take a tour together, take notes and rank each style dorm. Biggest thing for many is deciding Southside vs Northside or White Creek, then go from there.

1 Like

If White creek isn’t too pricey (cause it’s pricey), check that out as well. They could do a 4 bedroom 2 bath. They share one bathroom/side of apt. and then another 2some grabs the other side of the apartment.

2 Likes

We had that talk last night about North vs South. Her friend is doing a tour at end of month on campus to be the eyes and ears. Unfortunately, she was accepted last year and didn’t do the housing depo to get in line until my daughter mentioned it to her a couple weeks ago.