After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

We did a Northside dorm tour in the Fall. Our tour guide kept talking up Walton Hall (ramp style), saying it was the best dorm for the price, cheapest in the SEC, Hullabaloo amenities are right next door, get your own window AC unit and can control the temperature better, and so on. I must admit, the price is amazingly low. But what’s the catch? Hard to say b/c there is not much info out there beyond the blurb on Res Life. For what it’s worth, Walton gets our tour guide’s seal of approval.

1 Like

@1stCollegeRodeo i remember you said that…major bummer. Northside Modulars and Hullabaloo will fill by Day 2/3; there will be some beds left, but in rooms that already have 1 bed taken. There will not be total 2 bed rooms open past day 3.
They need to be very open to all style dorms. Personally, I love the older style dorms, I think they have charm and personality.
Roomie needs to sign up for White Creek tour, also.

1 Like

Thx for the advice. Princess1&2 are open to options but for some reason not wanting corridor and community bathrooms…that suited me and my husband just fine years ago at UC Davis as typical dorm layouts but whatever. We shall see… told them this will be like fantasy football draft when all the players get snatched up and you just grab what’s next without a chance to think as time ticks down.

1 Like

:crazy_face: princess 1&2. I’m dying too funny.

The ramp style is super cute and redone. The room is tight but I believe it has its own bathroom.

1 Like

@1stCollegeRodeo dying :joy: Princess 1 & 2.
I had community bathrooms at Baylor and LOVED it! Never woke up anyone, it was cleaned daily, met a lot of ppl in there. Leggett dorm is community bath, but it’s called the ‘hidden gem’ of dorms. It’s located smack in the middle of campus, all female, a really unique dorm. My friends, whose girls have lived there, absolutely loved it!
Being brutally honest, the Princesses won’t have a ton of choices. They need to be open to balcony, ramp and community style. I can assure them that girls rush/pledge sororities in all dorm styles, every major will be represented. People are not defined by what dorm they live in.
And I promise, once they get moved in, start classes, rarely ever does any parent post about dorms (except for the occasional nightmare roomie stories-but that has nothing to do with the dorm itself).

1 Like

@ashill77 , don’t forget YouTube has videos of students showing off their dorm rooms. Search by dorm name. You’ll often get a more realistic perspective than the model photos/diagrams on the ResLife website.

3 Likes

We did a tour of the Ramos style as well…. The two doors per floor made it seem like a prison

Ramps

Yes! YouTube and Pinterest!

Thanks! Unfortunately, nothing really on YouTube about Walton Hall. I think a couple other schools also have dorms called Walton, making it harder to search. We eventually found a short one on TAMU’s Walton (I think), and yes, pretty small.

@ashill77 if you’ve joined either of the FB Parent pages, you can search :mag_right: Walton, and also ask parents to post pics of Walton. Very helpful.

1 Like

Oh, good tip. Yes, my wife recently joined the two parent FB pages, so we’ll search it up there.

1 Like

my DS got his acceptance on 1/27 to TEAB. does anyone know if he will get the welcome to aggieland banner or does TEAB not qualify for those?

@e2e the banner will come, but can take up to 2 weeks. Congrats!
@ChristiR93 TEAB gets a banner, correct?

1 Like

@1stCollegeRodeo My daughter is going for Hart first choice and Walton second choice. Ramp style is suite style. They share a bathroom one other room. Two dorm rooms with a bathroom in the middle. Bathrooms are cleaned weekly. They are recently renovated. We crossed Legett off because the single rooms don’t have windows and she wants a single and she would prefer suite style bathroom to community style bathroom. We have toured twice. We both prefer the ramp to the balcony and the corridor. It’s a matter of personal preference and what’s available.

2 Likes

Legett is located well. We crossed it off because the single rooms don’t have windows. Otherwise, great dorm option for females.

thank you. fingers crossed for the banner but the most important part was that he got in so banner or not, we are very happy. @NDTA96 I just got off the phone with both res life and facilities management and i am happy to report that if you marked the engineering LLC and got that email saying your space is reserved, you do in fact have a room in either Aston or Mosher and in phase 3 you select your roommate (or go potluck if you can’t find one). In phase 4, THEY WILL assign the room to you. Also, facilities management did in fact confirm that Aston renovations will be completed this summer in time for August start date (assuming no more crazy covid delays). They only have floors 1 and 2 and the hallways to complete. So YAY!!! hope this helps! it certainly made our day and @52AG82, agree wholeheartedly with you that we totally dodged that housing bullet!

4 Likes

Son woke up this morning with a nice surprise scholarship “TTSA” in Financial Aid Portal. He filed Fafsa and held a job but didn’t apply for scholarship in Apply Texas. No idea what TTSA is.

8 Likes

This is how it worked. It was very fast! No time to stop and look. Just walk in and keep walking through and out. We had like 30 people in our tour group.

At what point do we “begin processing” awards and loans? I see her scholarships and a federal unsub loan option. There is a button to “begin processing”. Do we wait till after NSC and registration? I have seen posts about making sure to “accept” awards before the due date. But at least at this point it doesn’t have a due date noted in the financial aid portal.